Almost 9 month old not crawling :(

My ds was a late crawler. He was around 9 months. He started walking just before his first birthday. I wouldn't have been surprised if he skipped it altogether

My first born started army crawling at 8 months and full on crawling at 10 months

My second didn't army crawl at all and spent a long time rocking back and forth on her knees before finally crawling the week before she turned 10 months.

As long as they are mobile in some form by 12 months I don't think health visitors are very concerned

My little boy isn't crawling he gets on his hands and knees does a rocking motion then falls on his belly lol I ain't worried he will do it in his own time x

Valla was pretty average with all milestones up until she began walking I would say. Initially, I remember her army crawling and then regular crawling, then she went straight to walking unassisted at 12.5 months. She never cruised furniture.

9 months seems okay still, does your child try to get around in a different way or show progression physically? I know it can be worrisome, but if crawling isn't actually a milestone I wouldn't worry. We have a family with a daughter 14mo older than our daughter, and she still preferred to cruise furniture at about 15-16 months. Now she is totally typical physically. They really are so different. I think too, that if one area is advanced, it's not too surprising another area is lacking--I think it's quite common.

my niece didn't crawl til 14 months. she's a healthy 5 year old now

as long as their gross motor skills are still developing otherwise, your LO is ok :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->