Almost at: I've done all I can

Tanikit

Reaction score
I have wanted a third child all my life. My second pregnancy was exceptionally difficult and I almost died (a few times). My husband is terrified of me falling pregnant again. I knew this so told him I was going to try to sort it out - I needed to lose weight and I needed to get an insulin pump and bring my hba1c right down (it was 9.3 at the time and they wanted it below 7 which is actually quite a difference)

So in June last year I requested a change of doctor and a referral to a place that could deal with insulin pumps - it took 2 weeks to get the referral letter which really frustrated me. Then it took a further 8 weeks to wait to get an appointment. Then they started with the medical aid who fought me at every turn and by late last year I joined another medical aid just to fight this more easily. By December my hba1c on injections was down to 6.4 and the doctors were amazed that I could get it so low without a pump - it had taken a huge amount of work though.

I had also been eating more healthily based on the new insulin schedule and had lost about 14 pounds with another 8 to go to be where I wanted to be.

In December I changed my diet again to try to fix the hypothyroidism a bit better (I am on medication) and also the allergies and by doing that I was able to stop all asthma medication (the asthma gives me terrible problems when pregnant too). I was then without a medical aid for three months. This ended at the beginning of April - I put through the request for a pump and received approval yesterday and the day when I get it will be 14 April this year. I have lost 30 pounds and am below the weight I was when I fell pregnant with my first child and have now stopped losing weight (at least I hope so).

However, when I started this I told my husband what I was doing and why. I told him too that it was what was best for me health wise anyway, but I was worried that if he would not come to the party and let me have a third child after putting in so much work then I would feel bitter about it. While I spoke a lot about a third child when I first started this, I have got quieter and quieter lately and he never mentions it - no yes or no, no discussion at all. I am scared of having to bring this up - I have really worked extremely hard for this and he does know what I have been doing and has never told me to stop, but I also know that he is still terrified.
Will what I have done relieve his fears enough - its me who should be scared, I was the one who nearly died (during the pregnancy not the birth).

I am still waiting for the pump - I need to be sure that it will work satisfactorily to prevent what happened last time - I am pretty sure with the knowledge I have right now things cannot go as they did last time even if I were on injections, but I need him to know that. My youngest asked for a baby for her birthday recently - I am pretty sure I would be happier to have that than she would - her birthday is next year February.

I'm in awe of you, what those achieved is amazing.
I hope that you stay healthy and both of you can be happy about a third baby.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->