Already expecting a -

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Doll_Face, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Doll_Face

Doll_Face Well-Known Member

I don't want to be a downer but I just have a feeling that February isn't our month :nope: I have 13 days til testing but already expect a negative. I try to stay positive but it's so hard!!!:cry:

2. EllieNation

EllieNation Mother of 2

It's strange, but I've had a bit of that myself this month. I've 9 days till I can test, and everytime I notice a symptom that has previously given me hope, my brain comes bustling in over the top of it, saying "well you had that LAST month, and it meant nothing, so suck it up! It ain't happening"

It's not that I'm not hopeful, but I feel myself looking more towards February's cycle ....

So have a :hugs: on me xxxxxxx

3. Nicolax

Nicolax Well-Known Member

Try your best to stay hopeful! You never know until testing :) :hugs: x

4. BrEeZeY

BrEeZeY stay at home wifey&&momma

thats how ive been feeling :(

a good thing tho u can still BD tomorrow and have a chance to catch that eggy! (according to your ticker)

5. katertots

katertots Well-Known Member

Aweee hunnie!!! Why do you feel it will be negative?

6. fallenangel11

fallenangel11 A little bit pregnant

Yeah I got this feeling last month. I think it's our way of protecting ourselves. We tell ourselves it wont happen so when it doesn't we'll be less disappointed- it doesn't work. I got very emotional when it didn't happen even though I knew deep down it wouldn't (it was our first month).

Also I think the first part of the cycle is easier. We are more in control, we can take vitamins, we can drink grapefruit juice, we can put our legs up etc. But once Ovulation happens, we can BD and then all we can do it wait....and the wait leave us with no control and no ability to do anything.

Keep your chin up, and try not to think about it too much. xx

7. Periwinkle

Periwinkle Well-Known Member

I have this feeling too and did last month. I worry that it will turn into a self fulfilling prophecy and that thinking negatively will cause a negative somehow.

I think because a month is (or seems like at the moment!) such a long time there's too much time to dwell on this kind of thing.