Already watching weight gain

raine87

Reaction score
Just found out that we FINALLY conceived (1 full year after we actively started trying) and I am already concerned about gaining weight. I am starting this pregnancy overweight and my OBGYN wants me to stay around 2000 calories/day. This shouldn't be too hard and honestly I don't really think I go over that by too much on any given day. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me and would like to become buddies?

Yea me .....
I am very happy I am pregnant again but i dont want to gain weight .
I try to eat healthy and keep my fingers crossed i dont gain alot .

I got my Bfp on the 13th jan . I am 6 weeks today.

My doctor only wants me to gain 10-20lbs my whole pregnancy. I'm trying to cut out the junk foods and luckily I am craving fruits. I was thinking maybe checking in at least once a week and just state if you gained, lost, or stayed the same. No need to actually state your weight. Of course, we can be here for whomever for support when all we want is a tub of ice cream!

That would be great rain being around each other for support .
Dont we usually loose weight at the first tri ?

I'm watching my weight gain too :) I put on a lot of weight with my last 3 pregnancies and on my 3rd 3 I had horrendous spd :( .. ... for 3 years I've worked my arse off and reached my target weight :) I'm desparate not to undo it now ha I'm using the app my fitness pal to keep track so I don't over eat ! I'm still eating everything I want but with in a healthy calorie range :) ... I really struggled physically towards the end of my last pregnacy so I want to stay as fit and strong as possible :) I'm still using the gym too xxxxx

Hi!

My last pregnancy, I put on a lot of weight (around 25kg/55lbs!!) My LO is almost 5 months old, and I've lost all that weight except a couple of pounds. So I'm happy to be pregnant again, but am seriously watching my weight!

I'm eating healthy, and am working out most days still. I'm only 5 and a half weeks along, but have actually lost a couple of pounds since finding out. Last time, first Tri was my worst and I put on the most weight.

Ill happily be your buddy!! :flower:

Hi!

My last pregnancy, I put on a lot of weight (around 25kg/55lbs!!) My LO is almost 5 months old, and I've lost all that weight except a couple of pounds. So I'm happy to be pregnant again, but am seriously watching my weight!

I'm eating healthy, and am working out most days still. I'm only 5 and a half weeks along, but have actually lost a couple of pounds since finding out. Last time, first Tri was my worst and I put on the most weight.

You've done amazing to loose so much in 5 months :) xx I'm doing pretty much what I was doing before my bfp but slightly lighter weights ... more reps :) I feel so queasy thoigh so it's a bit of an effort at the mo 😂 xxxxxx

I am watching my weight gain too. This is my 4th pregnancy and I still about had about 20lbs to loose from my 3rd baby. My doc hasn't said anything to me about my weight, but I really don't want to gain more than 20lbs.

Perhaps we could use this this thread to help motivate each other :) xxx I'm starting to feel more queasy now so my food choices are rubbish ! I'm litterally eating what I fancy which is never good 😂 but I did force myself to the gym this morning .... then slept on the sofa 👍 xxxxxx

Good luck everyone! I've had trouble before, but now seems like weight is in check.

Hi Baby dream, help with your ticker (use BBcode, not html):
Use this code but delete all the spaces.

[img ] https://lmtf.lilypie.com/ Tmfbp2.png [ /img ] [ /url ]

Will look like this
[url= https://lilypie.com] https://lmtf.lilypie.com/Tmfbp2.png

I'm so conscious of my weight this time. I'm nearly a stone heavier than I was when j had my son five years ago nearly. I put on the usual weight gain (about 40lb or something) but this time I feel so sick that unless I eat, I feel horrific!

Today I've started switching the snacks for fruit so I'm munching on apples instead of chocolate! I also want to get walking too. After two miscarriages I'm nervous about heavy exercise (which I did a lot of before) so I just need to eat less!

Hi!

You've done amazing to loose so much in 5 months :) xx I'm doing pretty much what I was doing before my bfp but slightly lighter weights ... more reps :) I feel so queasy thoigh so it's a bit of an effort at the mo 😂 xxxxxx

Thank you so much! I've been working really hard and being very strict.

I'm doing lighter with more reps too. Starting to feel queasy now - 6 weeks tomorrow, which it when it started with my last pregnancy.

I'm so conscious of my weight this time. I'm nearly a stone heavier than I was when j had my son five years ago nearly. I put on the usual weight gain (about 40lb or something) but this time I feel so sick that unless I eat, I feel horrific!

Today I've started switching the snacks for fruit so I'm munching on apples instead of chocolate! I also want to get walking too. After two miscarriages I'm nervous about heavy exercise (which I did a lot of before) so I just need to eat less!

So sorry about your losses :( xx I think I would be nervous too ... walking is brilliant too Xx your good swapping chocolate for fruit !! 😊 xxxxx

Hi!

I'm doing lighter with more reps too. Starting to feel queasy now - 6 weeks tomorrow, which it when it started with my last pregnancy.

Your doing so well !!! I just can't get my eating in check .... I'm just a little behind you with my pregnancy and I can feel the queasyness increasing 😷 .... I felt totally rank last night and lost all my colour 😣 luckily at the moment I go to the gym in the mornings and don't feel so bad then it kicks in in the afternoon & I'm wiped out 😂
Do you use free weights or machines ? I'm going to try and stick to the machines now just for better posture really but I really need to get squatting 😂..... I keep reading conflicting things about doing them during pregnacy ? And kettlebell swings too ? Xxxxxxx

Can i just say girls, forget your weight!! i was worried about weight through my pregnancy with ds2 and ds3 i gained 3 and 5 stone with those, this pregnancy i thought sod it, i dont give a stuff, gained nothing!!! enjoy and eat what you want xxxx

I don't go to the gym. We workout at home. So we use a barbell with weights, and we also have kettle bells. I've done swings. I haven't actually read anything about them. I guess the way you tilt your pelvis out when you are throwing it up in the air could be bad, since all your muscles and bones and whatnot are moving around making room for the baby.

I do a lot of Olympic lifting - snatches, cleans, deadlifts. And then I do overhead press, one armed rows, bicep curls and tricep extensions.

Then I incorporate squats, push-ups and kettle bell swings. I also walk and ride my bike.

I will change and adapt as my pregnancy moves further along though. I don't see myself doing push-ups and kettle bell swings for too much longer.

Hi!

Your doing so well !!! I just can't get my eating in check .... I'm just a little behind you with my pregnancy and I can feel the queasyness increasing 😷 .... I felt totally rank last night and lost all my colour 😣 luckily at the moment I go to the gym in the mornings and don't feel so bad then it kicks in in the afternoon & I'm wiped out 😂
Do you use free weights or machines ? I'm going to try and stick to the machines now just for better posture really but I really need to get squatting 😂..... I keep reading conflicting things about doing them during pregnacy ? And kettlebell swings too ? Xxxxxxx

Can i just say girls, forget your weight!! i was worried about weight through my pregnancy with ds2 and ds3 i gained 3 and 5 stone with those, this pregnancy i thought sod it, i dont give a stuff, gained nothing!!! enjoy and eat what you want xxxx

Sorry - but I disagree! I ate whatever I wanted last pregnancy and gained 55lbs/25kg. So, safe to say I won't be taking that approach again.

Sorry - but I disagree! I ate whatever I wanted last pregnancy and gained 55lbs/25kg. So, safe to say I won't be taking that approach again.

Well it worked for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->