Alternative Day Fasting (ADF) and Intermittent Fasting (IF)- anyone tried it?

_Natalie_

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I read an article last week about fasting- where you can either fast alternative days, or twice a week. It's not complete fasting- you're still allowed 500cals on those days, and the rest of the time you can eat what you want.

I thought I'd try it this week- I got to weightwatchers on a tues, so on that day I tend to eat very little before my meeting at 5.30pm anyways, and didnt find it hard to stick to 500cals. I've done it again today- I find the trick will be to have a busy day on the fasting days (I'm terrible for eating out of boredom at home).

Just wondered if anyone else has tried it? There are meant to be many health benefits to fasting, including extending life expectancy and lowering cholestrol.

Theres many artices out there, one of which- https://www.independent.ie/lifestyl...itness/intermittent-fasting-diet-3301393.html

Uhm, I kinda do it without trying. I just get so busy with stuff that I will forget to eat or drink anything. My aunt is doing something similar though. She fasts one day a week, not allowed to eat any food, just water and black coffee if she wants. She can usually hold off on the coffee on her fasting day since she prefers a little milk in her coffee. I've read that fasting is good for you too, as long as it's like the intermittent fasting and not like a week or a month long fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->