Alternative (to hormonal) Contraceptives

I'm REALLY desperate for mine to. I'm going to get some homoeopathic remedies this time round for balancing hormones etc and see if they help. :) I tried raspberry leaf tea before - NOTHING.

I may have to get that book when the money going into my account clears, sticking to only necessities at the moment, lol!! Everyone seems to really like it though!

Persona is a UK thing, you pee on a stick and put it in the machine, it reads it and tells you if you can have sex without a condom etc, or if you should use one as there's a high risk of pregnancy. :) But can't get it in the US for some reason... =/

xx

Okay, just bought that book. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll let you know what I think!! :D

Have you looked for ovulation predictor kits? OPK's are very popular here in the US and that sounds similar to what you are saying Persona is.

https://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-fertility-monitor.php

This what you are looking for?

Have you looked for ovulation predictor kits? OPK's are very popular here in the US and that sounds similar to what you are saying Persona is.

https://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-fertility-monitor.php

This what you are looking for?

It's similar, it's just that the Persona has a wider span. The Clearblue tells you the very few days that you're most likely to get pregnant, whereas the Persona tells you ALL the days it's possible to get pregnant and to avoid ALL of those days in order to minimize the chance of pregnancy. :)

It's frustrating because I can't find anything certified for use over here the same as the Persona. There are Ladycomps, but they're basal thermometer based computers instead of POAS ones - which I'd much prefer. I did consider trying a Ladycomp, but I tried a Basal thermometer before and just couldn't keep it up and the Ladycomps are VERY expensive - I was watching one on ebay that went for $300! :shock:

x

I think the Clearblue Monitor, OPK's, and charting is the best you are going to get here. Check out Fertility Friend if you haven't already. https://www.fertilityfriend.com Once you start to learn your body and stuff you'll learn when to not have sex if you are preventing or when to if you are trying. I'm trying to avoid pregnancy, and charting was how I started. Now, I just pay attention to my CM changes since I have gotten used to how my body works. It's the free way of doing it ;)

I dont like the idea of the coper coil. It dosent so much as prevent pregancy but more causes a extreamly early miscarage.

That is wrong ....the copper is a spermicide which kills sperm and it also blocks your tubes so no eggy can get down to meet any spermys that may of escaped

I had the copper coil for about 7 years (changed after 5!) It was absolutely fine-periods were maybe ever so slightly heavier but nothing to write home about...absolutely no painful periods at all but then again I never did have pain, even before the coil!

The pill never ever agreed with me and i'm not sure that pumping your body with more hormones is the right thing to do, we've got enough to contend with after all!! Ha!!

I don't know, everyone is different..my sister has the Mirena coil and her periods have completely stopped..not sure if this is a good thing or not personally but it's whatever works for you.

I would definately recommend the copper coil. How long are you WTT for? x

My mum will hopefully be sending my Persona over ASAP, just depends when and if I can get hold of the sticks easily enough... =/ Need to plan in advance how many packs etc I need. :)

I read on a few sites since that the Copper Coil prevents a fertilised egg from implanting too.

Thanks :) I think I'd prefer to go for the natural family planning in the long term, it's just getting everything set up presently so it works!! We're WTT for an unknown period! Waiting on immigration stuff, so could be 9 months, year, year and a half...Plus once that comes through it's not a cue to straight away TTC, we want to see how we feel. But basically we're waiting for the immigration stuff to clear before we set a final date. :)

I bought some spermicidal inserts yesterday, anyone any experience with these?

xx

Night-- would your mom buy a Persona and send it over to you??

Bahahaha thats what I get for not reading the whole thread!!

Lol!

I'm considering asking her if she'll buy the test sticks and send them over, but she takes AGES to send things. I had to improv for my wedding day because she didn't send the shoes over that I asked for WEEKS in advance. Thus why I had to wear black thigh-highs and my smart black shoes instead of strappy silver sandals!! :dohh: Haha, so might be easier/quicker to just order from the internet!

I think the frameless IUD is cool. but ofcourse this persona is the most natural stuff. just so that you need a lot of effort to do that I think- and there is probably a greater risk for unwplanned pregnancies so go after that you would be more accustomed to.

Frameless IUD?

It's actually pretty effective if you use it correctly - natural family planning I mean. I have some experience with using mucus etc, I tested out my theory of this with OPKs once (when we were using condoms, just to see if I was right) and it was pretty spot on, I said to my (then) OH "I think I'm ovulating right about now..." Took an OPK and it was dark, next day positive. So I think I'll be using the Persona plus generally keeping an eye on my body too. :)

I don't think it's a LOT of effort, I love POAS and I'll have a real reason to do it!! :lol:

Frameless IUD - =single thread of copper tubes hanging in the wall . (what was this 10 green bottles xD)
https://www.frauenarzt-marburg.de/gynefix2.jpg
There are not many places to go to though In the UK afaik so If you don't mind going in a metropolis..

^ LOL. That's weird!! I've never seen one of those before... =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->