Am I alone in not liking Flips?

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
Whenever she's been in hers, we've had accident after accident, and I am just not a fan. Am I just doing something wrong, as I've never seen anybody else have a bad word to say about them.

:shrug:

Is she on the right rise setting? And are you doing them up tight enough? These are my fail safe nappy which I've only ever had one leak in which was my fault lol whereas we get leaks in loads of our other nappies more regularly iykwim

but saying all that some babies just aren't the right shape for them and I think a few people on here dont like them x

I am not sure, I keep trying, but just can't say i like them.

i love my flips though they do tend to be on the tighter setting than all my btp's

Weird how babies are so different! As long as we have them on the right rise setting, I can get away with having them fairly loose on the waist and they still never leak.

i HATE them with a passion!! haha they are AWFUL (and i'm one who loves anything fluffy :D ) When i was at the baby show i went to the Babame stand to see if they had any BG AIO's and they asked me if i liked flips and i just had to tell them how much i detested them!! haha they were mortified and kinda ran away! hahaha :dohh: whoops!

Love Love Love them! They are our overnight/might not be near a baby change for a few hours nappy! I trust them not to leak, as long as I have boosted enough! And it does make a difference the rise setting! Taylor is completely unpoppered on all his BTP (BB, v3's, Mini LaLa's) yet is on the medium rise setting in his flip! It sits low around the hip but it works for us!

For us they do a VERY good job - both inserts = 12hours at night, the nappy is heavy but not a single leak

However I only use them at night as I don't really like the design and find them quite bulky - but for a night nappy I must say they work as well if not better than anything else.

Lisa, when you say "both inserts" do you mean an organic with a stay dry on top?

Love them! They're so reliable, but I do wish they were prettier. I also use them for night nappies - stay-dry with a couple of bamboo boosters or organic with a bamboo flat. I don't think my organics are up to full absorbency yet though.

I realllllllllllly want to love them when Bean arrives- if I don't I wont sell them, i'll just wait six months and try them again I think cos it all depends on the size of babies i've heard!

yeah i think so jetters, I tried them when Ava was really tiny, maybe they'd work now :shrug:

I dont like them at all.. i bought one to see what the fuss was about and then when i got it i thought it was rubbish! Its basically a prefold with a wrap! I have plenty of them and they were alot cheaper!! But thats just my opinion :D

Lisa, when you say "both inserts" do you mean an organic with a stay dry on top?

Yes, although becasue I have more stay dry inserts and only one organic I also put 2 stay dries and it works just as well

I honestly stuff nappies with anything lol - tonights Bambinex had its own insert, a Little Lamb insert and a BG microfibre :haha:

Ah ok. And that lasts the night? I also put any old insert into a Flip (which is why I like them, I couldn't do that with my other favourite wraps, the Airflow). I often use a Pop-in night booster; by itself it lasts 2-3 hours. Today I had him in a stay-dry with an Easy Peasy hemp underneath, and he was in it for a good 4 hours, but it was really soaked by then. But maybe it could have held more? It makes me wary of attempting cloth overnight, I have got used to him being in a disposable for 12 hours.

I know what you mean - Izzys sposie was always bulging, literally about to burst and this was size 4+ dry nappies so very absorbent, so I thought a cloth will never hold it

It copes fine though - and she never sleeps less than 12 hours at night, drinks like a fish all day and has an 8oz bottle before bed...lots of wee!

Neither love nor hate, I sold most of mine and now only have 4 but thats still too many! they are good nappies but I don't realy reach for them anymore :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->