Am I alone in this?

Bear

Reaction score
So, we've been trying for about 7 months. Last month was my first cycle of Clomid and I got my hopes way up, only to be disappointed. I was symptom spotting, planning ahead, the whole nine yards -- I was shattered when :witch: showed up on her broom --

This month I just feel completely different than I have any of the months we've been trying. I'm just not excited about it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still desperately want a baby with DH, I am just so exhausted from getting my hopes up and having them be let down every month, and I think I'm beginning to lose hope. I thought we could beat my infertility, and we still might, but it surely doesn't feel as though we will right now. I'm not doing any of the things I did last month, though, and I don't even have to try not to get my hopes up, because they're not.

Please tell me I'm not crazy. Are my feelings unfounded? I don't know how to get excited about it again. I'm just heartbroken and tired, I suppose.

Hi hun! Sorry you are feeling down. I'm not far along into trying yet to relate but I do know for SURE you are not alone!

Im onto cycle 7 too, just started clomid yesterday, i feel like it will never happen either, im slightly more excited for this cycle with the clomid but no better than to get my hopes up over anything these days as it always just leads to disappointment. So you are definately not alone.

Nope you are not at all crazy its all part of life i was TTC for almost 6 months and i lost all hopes but that feeling of having a baby kept me up..........so just don't loose on hope and everything would be gr8...........

Hey Bear - sorry you're feeling so down - :hugs:

Hope you get your :bfp: - I will include you in my prayers tonight.

K8

I was pretty excited for my first Clomid month too! I took the pills July 22-26... and I'm still... I don't even know. I was symptom spotting, doing everything I could think of (except temping cause I suck at it), looking at baby stuff, all the bells and whistles. I took an HPT this morning with FMU and when it came back :bfn:... nothing. I couldn't even be bothered to be upset about it. I'm so tired of worrying and wondering and planning and crying and trying and thinking and hoping and trying not to hope too much and symptom spotting and being optimistic and then being pessimistic and yeah... I get it! It's not abnormal, and I'm not excited anymore either. I haven't even been trying for that long (technically)... but I'm not excited anymore. I'm not excited, or hopeful, or anxious, or anything that I should be. I apparently can't even be bothered to bleed correctly to start a new cycle! :( I don't have any advice on getting the excitement back, but I do want you to know that you are absolutely NOT alone! :hugs:

Hi. I'm on my 7th cycle and started clomid last month too. It's an exhaustingly emotional business this TTC, and some months we're just not going to feel it as much. I'm willing to bet that once you've ovulated this month you won't be able to help but get your hopes up again, we can't help it.

So you're not alone, I knw how you feel. It's a slog and it sometimes feels like it's never going to happen. But don't give up - 7 months is nothing compared to how long some people have to try before they conceive. Remember - the average amount of time it takes is 6 month, and we're only slightly over that. There's plenty more life in us yet.

awww my heart breaks for you sweety... chin up!!

It will happen for you :flower: Im sure of it... All the best

Hi Bear,

I am in my 7th month of trying and as every cycle ends with a BFN and a visit from AF my optimism is knocked down a peg. I'm starting to feel it isn't going to happen for me again as I am too old. I am currently 8DPO and where I would usually be buzzing with excitement and symptom spotting, I am this cycle AF symptom spotting. Pessimism or what! My glass is not even half empty..it is drained to the bottom!!!

I sincerely hope you get your BFP soon love xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Bear! You are not alone! just hang in there and it will happen very soon. It's my 7th Cycle this month too. we got all the tests done for me and hubby and everything is normal! I don't have additional excitement of anything different this month like Clomid but still hoping that it will happen very soon and it will!

We are all here with you on the same journey so you are not alone!

:hugs:

Thank you everyone - I was encouraged by your responses this morning. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one in this boat. I've decided to try to focus on the positives... SO,

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. He is my strength and my best friend, and I am so glad we're together.

I'm thankful for my new job (at an international relief charity). There are so many people looking, and I was blessed with good pay, lovely coworkers, and the knowledge that the work that I'm doing helps people around the world.

I'm thankful for family that loves me no matter what, and that continues to support me.

and I'm thankful for other people that know how I'm feeling and understand.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->