• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Am I Being Over Sensitive??

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
OK, so I've asked a fair few people to predict whether I'm having a boy or girl, on facebook, by txt and other ways and whilst most people have been great and said boy or girl, I've had a few people thinking they're being funny when they say "A bit of both" which basically is them saying I'm having a hermaphodite!

Am I reading too much into it? Am I being over sensitive? I just don't think it's very funny.

I'm either having a boy or girl, and for people to make jokes, even if they don't mean it is making me feel really worried. Of course it will be what it is and it'll be loved no matter what, but even so! It's scary and has started to upset me! :(:cry:

take no notice hun :hugs: im sure they dont mean to upset you but are just hedging their bets as they dont know what to say (incase you'd prefer one over the other) so are saying "a bit of both" xx

I definitely would not take that personally. It's just a lighthearted comment from someone who's not in your position and therefore couldn't possibly understand what levels that might affect you emotionally. I think they're just having a bit of fun. I personally would laugh at a comment like that and take it as the joke I 'think' it's meant as. I do have friends with that type of humor. :)

I definitely would not take that personally. It's just a lighthearted comment from someone who's not in your position and therefore couldn't possibly understand what levels that might affect you emotionally. I think they're just having a bit of fun. I personally would laugh at a comment like that and take it as the joke I 'think' it's meant as. I do have friends with that type of humor. :)

I guess you're right. To be honest, I've just been feeling really rubbish today and my sense of humour has disappeared so it seems.
Usually, I'm up for a laugh but I think today, i've just been caught in a mood that I'm not finding much funny.
Not sure also how to take the comment that I talk too much about being pregnant and it's kind of knocked me for six. I didn't know anyone could "talk too much" about being pregnant. Especially when it's their first child and everything is all brand new!

Mehh, I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow and that my sense of humour has returned.

Oh I'm exactly the same as you about baby-talk, it's all I talk about now lol luckily, my two best friends are pregnant so can talk to them and my partner loves hearing about it (obviously lol) and my boss is expecting a baby so babies all round!! You can always talk and talk and talk and talk to us lot about it :D :D xx

I can understand not having a sense of humor some days. I too have had days like this and I think it's pretty natural. Just today I've been telling people off in my head, lol..I occasionally go on mental rants and have no sense of fun during those times, so don't be hard on yourself when you feel this way. It'll pass :)

Regarding being told you talk too much about being pregnant, I would take offense to that whether I was in good humor or not. I assume someone on your facebook said it? I would probably reply with something to the effect of, ''Most women who are pregnant, especially for the first time, understand they are living through one of the most intense and unique times of their lives, and like to express what they think and feel about this special time. If you don't like hearing about it then you're entitled to put me on ''hide'' or delete me from your facebook page. I don't come to your page and leave comments about what you choose to talk about, so I would appreciate if you wouldn't judge me for what I like to say. As the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say......''

Anyway, that's just me as I do find that comment inappropriate to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"