Am I being selfish

Chezzer

Reaction score
So I have two grumbles

1 I've chosen not to have my mum as my birthing partner (not with the dad his a dick head and had fucked off) so I'm having my friend, now I'm due march 23rd next year, I have a 14 yr old son that is younger than his years and is on the autism and aspergers spectrum, he lives with his dad I get wkends. Now my mum is going to be my call out to get my son and look after him so my mum phones last night and says that "Jursey boys " is on at the theatre and her and her best mate are hoping to go only the dates are 19-28 th March I said what if I go into labour she said u will have to call your sons dad (diff dad to one I'm still growing) or see if your brother can get him or take him with u to the Labour.

2nd my mum works in a charity shop and got me a Moses basket and said" it's fine it's really nice very smartly dressed ladies bought it in u won't need to get a new mattress it look fine I don't think it's even been used" so yesturdsy I have a look at said perfect Moses basket I wouldn't sleep a homeless dog in it. The mattress was stained with yellow and brown miss shapen and had sick over the bumper sheet and yellow brown stains on the sheet, when I said I'l get a new mattress and she my baby and il do what I want my mum completly lost it started screaming and shouting at me slammed two doors. So we thew the mattress out threw the soiled smelly sheets out so I was just left with the palm basket and hood. Tbh I don't want it at all now it only cost £5 I feel hurt and angry that either she thinks it was good enough she didn't look properly at the state of it. If she had bothered to look properly she would never of bought it.....then again.

What do i do .

No your not being selfish. What ever about the Moses basket I got mine last time from friend id always get a new mattress. Tell her it's recommended by health visitor to get new mattresses in case of mold or germs.

Could you ask your sons dad if he could be on call to collect him that weekend, he might be happy to do it and it would save you the stress.

Tbh my son's dad's ok and I think he would rather collect his son than me take him to watch me give birth. My mum babysit for my brother and his wife so they can work, my sister in law has already got things in place in case my mum can't have her kids but tbh she might aswel not bother as it's clear to my mum doesn't want to help me. I've asked her if I have my baby in the wk she will bring my son down on the Saturday she said see if your sons dad can otherwise it means I have to give up my Saturdays. She said she will stay with me a few days but now it seems she's gone bk on her word and won't stay I just want her to do one wkend one not lots one. I just hope I don't need a c-section.

I always buy a new mattress even with the girls same Moses basket just each had their own mattress will buy new for this baby too .

I would ask your sons dad to collect him should you go into labour and he is with you on the weekend. I’m sure if you have a good relationship with him he’d help you out. Do you think your mum maybe hurt not being your birthing partner so she is making things a bit more awkward ? .

Either way I would sort our arrangements for your son so you can not stress about who is going to be looking after him x

Yes I do feel she's hurt but she said she was disapointed in me for getting pregnant (I'm 38) I have a job and I said things are tricky atm she said well u don't have a job I do have one it's just part time hours. I'm not with this babies dad she's prob embarecced about me she thinks she's posh she's not she's stuck up she thinks she's better than anyone else. Well it's my choice who I have as a birthing partner and my son's dad lives near my mum in all fairness it's not down to him to look after my son cos I'm having a baby. If I was with the new babies dad she still wouldn't be the birthing partner, he would be there plus why would I want someone who's disapointed in me at the birth anyway. And yes she's being awkward. I'm now stuck.
If she goes to the theatre and I go into labour do i text her and tell her so she won't be able to focus on the show cos she will be thinking of me or not tell her so she can focus on the show but then she will say why didn't I tell her.
She's being a bitch her nose has been put out she can't be at the birth so won't look after my son. That's ok I'm having a NO visited in hospital anyway.

All due respect it’s not your mums responsibility to look after your son. I mean sure it’d be great if she could help out but she’s not obliged to.

If you’re on good terms with your sons dad ask him to be on call for if you go into labour when your son is with you. The baby I’m pregnant with now is with my new partner but my ex husband has said he’s happy to get them if needs be when the time comes and that’s how it should be because he’s their parent not my parents (although my mum died 5 years ago so she couldn’t help anyway).

Your mum has raised and looked after her kids it’s not her duty to do the same for yours

That's true but as she's his nan and happily babysits for my brother every wk so they can work and go out I don't think I'm asking much. But I take your point in board .x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->