am i being silly?

XxkayleighxX

Reaction score
hey guys just tell me if u fink am bein silly

i over heard a girl at work talk about me 2day she was sayin how am silly 2 married my OH cuz we have only ever been wiv eachother and we need 2 try different things and our marriage wudnt last. cuz we got 2gether at a young age!

i dont fink this is true i fink its sumfink special we share only bein wiv eachother but i cant help bein hurt about wot was said.
i luv my otherhalf so much and i fink if we can get thur workin full time, living 2gether ect.... i fink thats special young age or not !!!

Don't listen to other people hun, I had 2 random blokes telling me I was too young to be getting married on my hen night! No one else's opinion matters, only you and your OH know how you feel about each other and what is right for you 2. Don't be put off by other people's opinions when you know you are doing the right thing :hugs: xx

Only one way to find out!

Go prove her wrong! Have a happy marriage, and spend the rest of your life with the one you love x

i dont think people new me and my OH would last! weve been together for over 2 years and livin with him 2years this october and were engaged and tryin for a baby! it does not matter.. we have been to hell and back and were still happy as larry!! prove them wrong hun and dont listin to them, its you who is gettin married etc not them!

xxx

Yeah totally agree with jackiea85. People are too forth coming with their opinions (I say adding my own personal opinion :dohh:). You know in your own heart what's right and you don't need to prove to anybody else whether you love your OH or what you feel is right.

My friends and family freaked out when I married my DH after being together for 3 months... A Lot of them said it wouldn't last a year and I over heard many people saying it won't last and she nuts for getting married at such a young age, I was 20.
We were in-love and happy, and 11 years later we still are in-love and happy.
So don't listen to people, especially ones who have no input in your life at all.

Go be happy!! Goodluck with all your dreams!!

hello! I just thought I would tell you my story - maybe it will help!

I met my hubby when I was 18. He was my first and I was his. We got engaged about a month or so after we got together and married a year later. We have now been together 8 years and married for 7 and I can't see it ever ending. We love each other to death. I love the fact that we have only had each other - i don't see why that is a bad thing if you're happy with each other!

People were sceptical about us, especially when we got engaged, they thought we were too young etc. But I don't think people really understand what it feels like to really know that the one you are with is "the one". It's horrible having doubters, but I have to tell you that 8 years on, I am so pleased to prove them wrong.

No-one has the right to judge you! I know it's hard, but I hope that you can take heart from my experience and rachjims :) xx

my OH was goin to propose on Christmas day! but he got to excited and done it on the 15th! i was only 18 i turned 18 in October 2007 and i told my mum and i dunno if they was happy but i was and i didn't care and were still together. thought i lost my ring wen i was dyeing my hair once i went mental lol!!!
x

awww its nice 2 hear that u and ur OH r still 2gether! i just no me and my oh r gonna b! i dont care wot other ppl fink i luv him and thats all that matters!!

Just tell her to piss off, mind her bissiness and stop being a old bat.

Hi hon, I don't think that you are too young to get married - there are plenty of couples younger than you who get married & are happy for a long time! It's all about your own maturity level & what you & your OH want from a relationship - if you're happy & stable with each other, then it's a wonderful thing that you're getting hitched! I wish you all the best :)

since day one ive always cared what people said! if i chose to done something and people said dont do it i wouldnt lol.. i wanted 2 do a police job and due to something that happened years ago they said oh u wont get accepted and do u know what i didnt even send the application form off!! when its u and ur partner let it rise above u, its what YOU want not them!!!
xx

I got with my DH when I was 14 and he was 17. Almost 7 years later we're still together and have been married for 4 years in June. We were each other's firsts and are very happy about it.

I say tell other people to butt out, aslong as you and your OH are happy that's all that matters :)

No you're not being silly hun.
I would've confronted the silly cow and asked her exactly wtf your life has to do with her.
Childhood sweethearts :cloud9: xx

I have been with my OH nearly 8 years, getting married in June.

Im starting to think too many people just want to spread their bitterness! Bollocks to them sweety! Be happy and prove them wrong!

yer u guys r rite she probs jealous ucz ive got sumfink special and she wants it!! thanx agen guys :)

Ignore them!!! How silly would you be to let the perfect person walk out of your life just to 'try different things'.

I have been with my OH since I was 15 (im now 27) and don't regret a min of it. I think if you are lucky enough to find someone so wonderful you enjoy every second of it. Those girls are probably just jealous.

Just ignore her. Imarried young. I am now 25 and 5 years on I am still married. I have a degree, a postgrad degree, a beautiful house which we own, we both have decent jobs and are comfortable financially, we are happy with each other. We are not TTC #1. People are sometimes green eyed monsters and show it in the most vile of ways.

When I was 21 and started a new job, my boss - a traditional housewifey, farmery type - said to me 'gosh you are very young to be married'. She didn't marry until she was 40! I could have said 'gosh you were old', but I am too polite and realise it is each person's choice.

At the end of the day I knew I was with the right man, and you know too. My man is one of the better ones, even though we annoy each other sometimes, and we have stuck together through critical illness and real ups and downs. Some people may never have that and they realise this, so they feel the need to down other people who have managed to get it early on in life.

When I was 21 and started a new job, my boss - a traditional housewifey, farmery type - said to me 'gosh you are very young to be married'. She didn't marry until she was 40! I could have said 'gosh you were old', but I am too polite and realise it is each person's choice.

I love that!
My n my DH have only ever been with each other- n i think its special too- not cause for alarm like that silly woman at ur work seems to think! We got 2getha at 16 n 17, were engaged 2 years later, saved up for a house n wedding n eventually got married august 08- weve been together nearly 9 years now, n i can only see it getting better and better. The people who doubt it are probably the ones for have never found true love (god- i sound like im out of a disney film!!)- because when you know, you just know- n if they havent experienced that then they really wont understand, no matter what u say! U cant explain ur certainty properly to anyone who hasnt been there!
That said, there are a lot of silly ppl who do rush into it, n it fails miserably- n i think the only one who has the right to say which category u fall into is.... you! not some silly bint at work! lol!!
:hug:
(i think ur in the good camp tho- just to be clear!) :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"