• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I being silly?

Ein_85

Just Me & the Missus
Reaction score
So our target date to TTC is November, and I'm so very nervous. I feel like because we don't have the sperm on tap, we only have one try per month to get things right. Warning a touch TMI: I don't have regular monthlies, so I'm going to be relying solely on charting and OPKs. I just feel like if we don't catch the first month it'll be all my fault. Am I being stupid?

I know what you mean. After you start temping and charting though hopefully you will see that there is some logic in your cycles. I know my cycles varied, but my LP's were consistent.

Goodluck

Hello.

Firstly the more you stress the harder it is to conceive, trust me you will concieve when you are relaxed and least expect it.
The first few months of us trying we would want it so bad and worry about it so much, then start symptom spotting etc... and then get the BFN and were devestated, thinking we did it wrong etc etc, there were so many questions going around our heads.

Sooo the month we did conceive we relaxed and acted like 'i bet this isnt our month but atleast we have given it a go' and BAM... BFP!!!!! :O) we are now 13 weeks pregnant :O)

Dont blame yourself.
I used to panic around ovulation time as i was worried the donor wouldnt be available, or we would miss it, do it too early/too late etc.

The only thing we used was the clear blue digital ovulation kits with the smiley faces... they are THE BEST!!!!! we didnt need to temp chart or any of that because the smiley face told us when we were ready to go :O) you can also see the line slowly getting darker before the day of the face so you can prepare your donor that its on its way :O)

fingers crossed for you xx

The cheapest way to do the above is to get 100 cheap sticks from eBay so you can see the line building up. Once it starts to get darker switch to smileys. This way a pack of 20 smileys will last you 3 months or so!

I did that for a few months. But when playing around with various OPKS i noticed there was a line building up on the clear blue digital and on the internet cheapies there was no line. The day before i had my smiley on my clear blue there was no line on the internet cheapy so just be careful.

Dont want you having to wait longer to concieve :O(

Oh right!! I have 67 smiley sticks in lol so I will get her to check tonight with the smiley!

Xx

Ebay was so much cheaper than the shops for clear blue digital ovulation kits. Just make sure they are in date x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->