Am I crazy for doing this?

hollymomabear

pregnant with #4
Reaction score
I am not trying for a baby but while me and my oh dtd the other day afterward he said "opps I did it again":nope: not realizing this is three days before Im supposed to o. Between me and my oh, we have 4 girls. I have seen where at this timing it conceives girls. While it is inevitable that I can become pregnant, I asked him to do it again for a chance at a boy. Am I crazy for doing this or in others opinions would you do the same?

I have heard this through various people... Hmm. Not sure if it actually works though, but if i wanted a specific gender I would probs be doing the same thing. :)

I have heard this through various people... Hmm. Not sure if it actually works though, but if i wanted a specific gender I would probs be doing the same thing. :)

Thank you for your reply. We did end up dtd again and now I am in my tww going crazy waiting. I didnt mean to sound so bad I would be happy with another girl but my heart always wanted a lil boy. Either way I would just want a healthy baby.

There is truth to conceiving boys closer to ovulation since male sperm are faster swimmers, but die quicker, while girls are the opposite, slower, but can live much longer :thumbup: so if you dtd on your O day, then as long as there wasn't a girl swimmer up there just waiting for that egg, then a boy may have gotten to it :D

My DH and I had sex on the day of my ovulation when we conceived my DS so once I got a positive HPT I was like "This HAS to be a boy" haha...sure enough I was right!

GL to you, hope you get your boy, they're terrific, so attached to mama :hugs:

We dtd 2days before my O and we are having a boy :D We weren't even trying AND he pulled out! :dohh: Been using the pullout method just fine for 5yrs and then whoops! :haha: Guess it was just our time lol I was pretty tipsy so I asked him if he stayed in and i just don't remember but he still denies it :haha: If he stayed in he would have told me tho because he knows I wouldn't care, I've wanted a baby for yrs lol

I have absolutely NO IDEA on how to time BD'ing for a particular gender but am curious to how it works as well... I've heard so many contradicting theories so I'm even more confused then I was not knowing anything... We BD'd on CD11 and CD13 (some would consider it being CD14 because it was right around midnight so I'm not even sure which day to put it on my chart) had +OPK CD13 & CD14 (which is the day I'm currently on), expecting it to be - by later tonight but according to FF I O'd today...
I was told that BD'd closer to O is greater chance of a boy but don't know anything for sure.
Wish I could offer some better insight but I am just as confused as you.

Sorry for posting this on your thread but this was just what we did based on advice I was given but as of now have no idea if it worked and if I'll even get a BFP and months before I could even possibly know the sex if this is actually our lucky month...

We dtd 2days before my O and we are having a boy :D We weren't even trying AND he pulled out! :dohh: Been using the pullout method just fine for 5yrs and then whoops! :haha: Guess it was just our time lol I was pretty tipsy so I asked him if he stayed in and i just don't remember but he still denies it :haha: If he stayed in he would have told me tho because he knows I wouldn't care, I've wanted a baby for yrs lol

That makes me feel better to know that it was 2 days before. However I did make him dtd again.:haha: Just to up the chances for a boy considering we already have 4 girls.

I have absolutely NO IDEA on how to time BD'ing for a particular gender but am curious to how it works as well... I've heard so many contradicting theories so I'm even more confused then I was not knowing anything... We BD'd on CD11 and CD13 (some would consider it being CD14 because it was right around midnight so I'm not even sure which day to put it on my chart) had +OPK CD13 & CD14 (which is the day I'm currently on), expecting it to be - by later tonight but according to FF I O'd today...
I was told that BD'd closer to O is greater chance of a boy but don't know anything for sure.

Sorry for posting this on your thread but this was just what we did based on advice I was given but as of now have no idea if it worked and if I'll even get a BFP and months before I could even possibly know the sex if this is actually our lucky month...

What all I have read is that dtd no more then 24 hrs of ovulation has the best chances of boys. But I also have heard that women using opk's have a good chance of concieving boys as well. I was just gonna try and get some more lil boy swimmers up there so they could have a fighting chance too:haha: I was just concerned with it being 3 days before o they would all die off. Dont know if it will work or not but I did get my BFP on Sunday. I wish you the best of luck and hoping this is your lucky cycle! I did bd 3 days before and the night before o...I had cramping mid morning.

There is truth to conceiving boys closer to ovulation since male sperm are faster swimmers, but die quicker, while girls are the opposite, slower, but can live much longer :thumbup: so if you dtd on your O day, then as long as there wasn't a girl swimmer up there just waiting for that egg, then a boy may have gotten to it :D

My DH and I had sex on the day of my ovulation when we conceived my DS so once I got a positive HPT I was like "This HAS to be a boy" haha...sure enough I was right!

Thank you! I did get my BFP on Sunday. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I do have three girls and he has a daughter so Im hoping our first child together will be a boy but a girl would fit in nicely too. Either way we are excited:happydance:

What all I have read is that dtd no more then 24 hrs of ovulation has the best chances of boys. But I also have heard that women using opk's have a good chance of concieving boys as well. I was just gonna try and get some more lil boy swimmers up there so they could have a fighting chance too:haha: I was just concerned with it being 3 days before o they would all die off. Dont know if it will work or not but I did get my BFP on Sunday. I wish you the best of luck and hoping this is your lucky cycle! I did bd 3 days before and the night before o...I had cramping mid morning.

CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP!!! :happydance:Thank u, I all of a sudden feel really positive about this cycle although I just O'd today... (going to try my hardest not to symptom spot) haha, doubtful!!
How many DPO were u when u got your BFP?
HOPING U GET YOUR LIL MAN!! CONGRATS!

CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP!!! :happydance:Thank u, I all of a sudden feel really positive about this cycle although I just O'd today... (going to try my hardest not to symptom spot) haha, doubtful!!
How many DPO were u when u got your BFP?
HOPING U GET YOUR LIL MAN!! CONGRATS!

Thank you! I got my bfp at 9dpo on a frer test. It was really faint though. It was a long 2ww but I was actually kinda calm because I felt positive too! Sending you lots of baby dust your way!! How long have you been trying?

Thank you! I did get my BFP on Sunday. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I do have three girls and he has a daughter so Im hoping our first child together will be a boy but a girl would fit in nicely too. Either way we are excited:happydance:

Congratulations!!!! FX'd you're on team blue!! Keep us posted :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->