Am I crazy for wanting a doppler? (rant)

mel28nicole

Reaction score
So I had a MMC with my first pregnancy. Didn't even see it coming. I was suppose to be 14 weeks, but I don't think my dates were right. So I went into my second appointment thinking all was peachy when they couldn't hear the heart beat and I had an emergency ultrasound to have them tell me the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks.

This time around seems a lot better! I had an ultrasound at 7+3 and baby was measuring right on point with a heartbeat of 164! I have also had morning sickness so I'm reminded I'm pregnant almost every morning lol. But I don't know, I would like to have a doppler just to have a chance every day to hear the little heart beat, rather than waiting every 4 weeks when I go to the doctor. I have a feeling my fiance will think I'm crazy for wanting one. Plus I think I'll drive myself mad if I have a hard time finding it. Is it worth the money? Did your hubby have a hard time about you getting one?

I didn't even talk to my DH about it. LOL I just ordered it and showed him once it came in. :rofl:

I have the sonoline b (got it off ebay for ~$53). I've had issues this pregnancy with bleeding and spotting, so in my mind I had to do something to keep myself sane. And this doppler has been my saving grace. I honestly don't know where my mental state would be if I didn't have it.

I started at week 7 - no go. LOL But I knew that (I was just super hopeful).

I tried every day until I finally found it on 8w5d (took 45 mins. that day to find it). Found it again the next day after about 30 mins. And every day after that, it got easier and easier. I just found it the other day in about 5 seconds. I was using it almost every day from about 8w5d to 10 weeks. But after that I started to feel more confident with this pregnancy and I now check the HB 1-2x a week.

You just have to really be patient and don't panic when you can't find it. The baby will move, your body shifts around, you may have eaten/not eaten, full bladder vs empty bladder. Just take it slow. :)

I'm so tempted! lol And I hear the sonoline B is good! I feel like just sucking it up and getting it. Plus, my fiance works for the gas wells and starting in February he'll be out of town again working in Ohio Monday-Friday so it's not like he'll be there when I'm using it lol.

I did think about getting one but I know myself and I will become obsessed with it, so I think it's best I just let nature do what it does. But I agree it is tempting.

I got the angelsounds one from ebay for like $20 also bc of bleeding and bc one stupid dr told me I would have a still birth :(. It was a life saver and would keep me calm also gave my hubby a chance to listen since he couldn't always go with me to apts.

I really want a doppler because of my last MMC but I'm so scared of getting one and not finding the heartbeat then freaking myself out even more, so I'm waiting until after my 12 weeks scan and if that all goes well then I'm getting one. My boyfriend won't let me get one, not until after 12 weeks because he knows I'll drive myself mental with it but I think they're 100% worth the money.

get it if you want to (I'm tempted too!) but be prepared that you may not hear anything for a while yet. Last time I didn't hear anything till 16 weeks - that's whole 2 months from now, so get it as long as it won't make you panic even more.

I got the angel sounds £20 so not alot of money at all I got it at 11 weeks and got heart beat straight away I know of ppl getting it sooner but I didn't have it to try sooner I advise getting one it gives reassurance between scans xxx

My next appointment is the 27th and I'll be a day shy of 11 weeks. They will be listening to the heartbeat then and I feel like once I hear it with them, I'll want to hear it every day lol. I was on cloud 9 when I saw the baby on the ultrasound, now I'm always looking at the picture. I had the page up for the doppler and I'm like 5 seconds away from ordering it lol.

IMO, its a small price to pay for peace of mind during a 40 week journey. :winkwink:

I got myself an Angelsounds one. I had to use PayPal for sonoline B but we are tight on money right now and I had to use a credit card for the Angelsounds was a bit cheaper. I can't wait til it comes in :) I have bad anxiety and everyone in my family is trying to keep me calm so I don't stress out so I think this will help calm my nerves :)

Worth every cent, seriously. I have a sonoline B that I used in my last pregnancy, and it was reassuring to me after 2 consecutive miscarriages. Mine is out on loan to a friend right now, but I'm going to ask for it back soon, so that I can begin using it with this baby. It's WONDERFUL!

I use my sonoline B everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I got it on EBay for $36. I agree with pp. I don't see how ppl go 4 weeks in between early appts. It's too stressful. I now listen daily due to my addiction to the sound and not because I'm worried.

I would never get one. Even at 14 weeks my OB couldn't find either heartbeat (of the twins). She had US and pulled that out and both were fine. Plus hearing a heartbeat doesn't mean they aren't in distress. I don't think it really helps with the worry and can often cause more.

I bought one. It was none of OH's business cause they don't have the same worries we do. I too had an MMC discovered at 9 confirmed at 11 weeks. My Doppler was a god send but you have to be prepared not to hear anything and not panic. I used a cheap one for about £30 and it was around 12 weeks I picked it up

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"