Am I crazy!!!

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My DD is 1 a week on Saturday & we didn't have the easiest start. Basic background; Emergency csection followed my 3-6months of sheer hell. I didn't take too well to motherhood at first. my daughter suffered badly with colic & reflux, which made feeding very difficult & she screamed constantly.

Any way that aside am loving motherhood, she's a very active little girl. She's on the go all the time & into everything. My husband does try but :dohh:....... He never really did any night feeds & I still pretty much do everything from working 2 & 1/2 days, looking after the house, our finances, cooking, cleaning, pretty much everything.

My heart is saying defo try for another baby in 3 or so years but am worried that it may put a strain on our relationship. Am questioning myself if I might cope better this time, but if baby no2 suffers like my DD did I just don't know how I'll get through.

We argue quite a bit at the moment regards house work, caring for our daughter etc but we do always make up. Ooo & there isn't much bedroom action which I dont think helps, but am just too tired. My hubby has always been so understanding & never pushes :hugs:

I don't really no what question am asking or answers am looking for :shrug: maybe is having a second baby the right thing to do.

Give it some time. Work on your relationship with your SO and then you'll know what is right for your future and family. *HUGZ*

I would give it some time and then re-assess :) Your LO will be older in a few years and the dynamics may change i.e school routine, etc. The first few years are apparently the hardest and then it get's easier from what I've heard. Perhaps it would be worth having a heart to heart/discussion with your husband as well? You can both voice your concerns and see where each other stand having another baby? :)

I could have written that post myself lol!!! Minus the C-section, I had the same challenges, but now my daughter is 2 and we have new (fun ones) challenges - she is a busy toddler who needs lots of attention and supervision and hubby and I argue frequently about him taking responsibility (I work full time). But despite it all we have decided to try for another baby anyways :flower:
Start having more sex!:winkwink: Seriously... Our marriage really struggled when DD was 10-13 months and then we finally talked and he said he felt like I didn't need/ want him anymore - once we started having more sex other things improved and he was much more willing to help out with other things lol :dohh:
And if you feel that you don't want to go through it all again - don't! Its ok to only have/ want one!

@ask86 you say have more sex but it feels like such a chore :wacko: I know some women hate sex but that's not me but at the min I'd prefer to try & get a few extra minuets sleep :sleep: than being a sex goddess lol:holly:

Good luck with trying for baby number 2. I think we probably will have another but when my daughters old enough to help/no relay on me as much. Don't get my wrong I know my daughter will always relay on me as I still reply on my mum & am 27 with a child if my own. But just when she can get herself dressed, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->