• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I eligible for a refund?

I would say no to a refund. How do they know youve not worn it and put the stain on it yourself. No harm in trying though.

I would say no to a refund. How do they know youve not worn it and put the stain on it yourself. No harm in trying though.

This is true actually never thought of that, such a shame as I haven't xx

It's still worth a try I think. Nothing to lose x

Yuck why are river island selling stained clothes anyway?!
Personally I think you should get a refund, you bought a dress and its got a stain so you can't wear it.

I wouldn't give someone a refund on something that had clearly been washed (it is very obvious if goods have been washed or not) I actually think the fact that she has specified the stains on front will go against you, it's an indication that the item was checked and reading between the lines, no other flaws found.

Sorry but that would be my stance, but its always worth a try - best you could do is phone and ask them where you stand

I work in a clothes shop and it all depends on who you get. explain exactly what happened you washed it then found another stain.
although river island are very strict with refunds I tried returning a pair of jeans after I found a hole in them, I had never wore them and they wouldn't refund them.
worth a try though x

Id just be honest and tell them.

Say cashier marked the receipt by you noticed another stain and it didn't wash out. Maybe try for an exchange instead? Does it matter if its washed? It's damaged therefore they can't re sell the item.

I shop in riverislabd a lot and have taken a few items back with no hassle (altho nothing stained) one top I washed and it went totally out if shape and I said I washed it. The other was some trousers for work that had a large loose thread on the bottom causing the trouser leg hem to fall down.

Can you go to the men's department so you won't see same cashier? Lol

Good luck

Or.... Phone them and ask? If person on the phone says no then ask for manager. If they agree to exchange refund make sure you get people names you spoke with and say so and so said you can exchange refund when you go to the shop

I dont think you have any chance of a refund at all hon, but its worth a try xx

You really should be entitled, because you didn't agree to buy something with that stain on. My OH went on some course and they were saying on it, that regardless of how long you've had an item (up to 10 years possibly?), if it breaks or is faulty then you should be entitled to a refund..obviously getting the refund is another story, but if they say no..then i'd contact the head office.

Hi hun I don't think you'ld get a refund. However have you tried spraying the mark with hairspray then rubbing it with soap then putting it in the machine again? It works wonders on biro and marker stains. Just thinking from a different angle!!!

Hi hun I don't think you'ld get a refund. However have you tried spraying the mark with hairspray then rubbing it with soap then putting it in the machine again? It works wonders on biro and marker stains. Just thinking from a different angle!!!

I've tried lots of things but I haven't tried that thanks huni ill try what you've suggested xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->