Am I Feeding Him Right?

LucyS

Reaction score
Alfie is just over 6 months, he has breakfast lunch and dinner but only has the boxed cereals/dinners and/or jars?

I havent let him have an actual banana etc yet as still too scared he could choke?

You dont have to give him anything!

Babies have an overactive gag reflex so if you supervise them and are careful that you dont give them anything with obvious dangers, like nuts, then it's highly unlikely.

If you are worried about choking you can get these little net things that you put food in and I think they kind of suck the net.

I give Hebe solids all the time but I am doing BLW but with purees too.

This is her with a banana today!

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/Image006.jpg

I have started letting Poppy eat bananas without mashing them and I pierce pieces of melon, kiwi, etc onto a plastic fork and let her have a good old chew. I think once you let go of the inevitable initial fear, they tend to surprise you at how dextrous and capable of chewing they actually are. Toast is a winner too. And ricecakes.

Lisa i love that photo of Hebe!

I'm trying to do a bit of baby led weaning. I give Niamh banana, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflour, carrot, celery in big chunks. Not sure that she eats much but she has a good old suck on them. The chances of choking are slim but as long as you supervise your LO will be fine.

Niamh choked a little on some broccoli but i didn't intervene and she quickly managed to push it back out, although most came back out of her nose (she has a cleft palate!)

I'm sure your LO will be fine. What your doing though isn't wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->