Am I going about this the right way?

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
So the research I've done thus far tells me that babies all react to different nappies differently and so I should buy one from each brand and see what works best, then buy a bigger stash once baby is here from those brand/s that work for us?

So, so far I've listed (from reading posts on here!) most of the brands available and the plan is to buy one nappy from each brand prior to baby being born.

Here's the list [the ones with costs by them I've bought already]:

1 Ella's House Bumhugger £7
2 Fuzzi Bunz Pocket Nappy £9
3 Easy Peasy Microfibre Bumble £10
4 Itti Bitti
5 BumGenious
6 Tots Bots
7 Wonderoos
8 Bambino Mio
9 Mother-Ease
10 Naughty Baby £4
11 Blueberry
12 Cushie Tushies
13 Bamboozles
14 Kissaluvs
15 Mammy Made

Am I going about this the right way?? Are there any significant brands I've missed out?

Also, is it fair to say I need 24 nappies and 6-8 wraps once baby's here?
And that hemp and bamboo are the most absorbent?

Hi.

It's probably the best way to go about it if you are able to do so. Your list is looking good - nice range of nappies. Approx 25 nappies would be good, newborn they go through nappies faster than older babies so as they get older the less you require.

A lot of the nappies listed don't require wraps (bumgenius, itti bittis, blueberry, fuzzi bunz etc) so depending on how many prefolds/nappies requiring wraps you plan on buying, i tend to figure it out on 1 wrap to every 2/3 nappies. HTH :flower:

Welcome. feel free to ask away, in the beginning it can be a minefield and we've all been there trying to get our heads round it!

yeah i'd say you have the most popular brands listed there hun :D like thelilbump said you wont need wraps with most of those brands... :) i'd say if you buy one of everything there you will only need 2 - 3 wraps max!! :D once you have found out what works for your little one then you can stock up on those brands. also i wouldnt get rid of ones that dont fit straight away - For example my LO couldnt wear Itti Bitti's at first as she had really skinny legs and didnt fill up the holes so we had leaks, but now they fit her beautifully:thumbup: if and when you do decide you dont like a particular nappy or it doesnt work for you then you can sell them on and use the money to fund building your stash...there is a cloth swap and sell at the top of this forum or you can use wwww.clothnappytree.com .......... its also a good idea to check out preloveds as they can save you a small fortune - especially if you are unsure of certain brands etc ....:hugs: hope this helps some hun

sara

xxxxxxxxx

that sounds like a good plan, i would recommend motherease wraps for the nappies that do need them, ive used a couple and find those to be the best, they can usually just be wiped out after use and washed in the washer after a couple of uses so youd probably get away with 4max

x

looks like a great list... BUT if I did it all again, I wouldn't buy any more than one each of three or four different types to start with. I bought about as many as there are on your list, only to find that the very first nappy I ever bought worked a treat :haha:

of course, half of the fun of nappy buying is getting things ready for your LO so if you're enjoying it and can afford it, ignore me completely! but if you're on a budget or anything, i'd just buy maybe one of each type of nappy, e.g. one all-in-one, a pocket nappy, a fitted nappy with wrap etc. that way, you can see which style suits your lifestyle best, and when you know that then try the different brands.

the down side to doing it that way is that you wouldn't have enough nappies to go full time straight away but some people find that the best way to start off with a newborn. like i said though, ignore me if you're having fun - i know i wouldn't have listened to me!

Makes sense Rachel_C. I am on a budget so trying to keep nappy buying to 2-3 a month! Thanks for your experience and advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->