Am I having a miscarriage? TMI

Dingo1985

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
On Friday night and Saturday day I had small amounts of brown cervical mucus - stretchy and little lumps I guess is the best way to describe it. It only appeared when I wiped except a tiny bit on my pantyliner on Saturday.

I then had nothing Saturday night until Sunday night when I wiped and had a small amount of red blood. This quickly turned back to the brown cervical mucus stuff which I've had every since in small amounts. Some of it is really quite dark and doesn't look right to me. In the past few hours I don't seem to have any of this and my cm is clear again but I don't know if that will last.

I went to the doctor yesterday and she said I probably was miscarrying but to just wait and see what happened. If I bled more like a period I was to go back and see her. She has since booked me in for a blood test tomorrow to see what my HcG levels are.

I haven't had pain as such but I have had some abdominal discomfort/twinges. I also have had some lower back ache.

I should be about 6+2 weeks pregnant. I took a pregnancy test today and it was darker than it's ever been but I've read that this isn't really an indicator that I'm still pregnant/the baby is healthy as I'd still have the hormone in my system.

What do you think? I'm feeling so sad but I'm also feeling lost - if I knew either way I think it'd be easier because I could come to terms with what might be happening.

Thanks and sorry for such a long post.

Sorry I don't have any answers :( big hugs and prayers that everything is alright with your little one. I know it's hard to hold onto hope when there's a possibility all is lost, but keep faith hun until you see the doc and I'll say a prayer that things get better and no other signs of miscarriage come :hugs:

I'm sorry ur going through this. That is how my miscarriage started, I needed medical management as it was taking so long. It's a very hard time, try and get a scan after ur blood tests. I never had blood tests done, just a few scans, but I've read a lot if women getting stressed and worked up over blood tests, get a scan booked.
I hope everything works out for the best.
Take care xxxx

The brown stuff is common for the onset of a mc BUT once you get red blood then the whole thing usually starts I think, gets really heavy-really quickly, it did with me? I'm not sure it's common for it to go back to brown? Maybe it's just the spotting that lots of ladies experience then go on to have a successful full term pregnancy, i hope this is the case for you xxxxx

Fingers crossed for you hun that it's not a mc, positive thinking xxxx

The brown loss is also really common in early pregnancy, I'd await the results of your HCG levels and ask to be referred to yru nearest early pregnancy unit if the bleeding starts again.

I just dont know... I am having a mc currently and it started with lower back pain and a trickle of red blood that faded to brown clumpy looking cm.

I insisted on a scan (which I think you must do) and unfortunately by baby's heart was not beating... Ima still waiting for the bleeding to "kick in"

I am not saying yours is a mc... I have bled with a healthy pregnancy before... but I really think you should ask for a scan...

I will advise you to request for a scan immediately, i wouldn't want to rely on blood test only...I pray all goes well for u & ur LO

Thank you guys - I am cautiously hopeful but just taking it day by day. I've got the blood test tomorrow so should hopefully have some idea of what's going on by Friday or Monday. Then a scan I hope....

I just dont know... I am having a mc currently and it started with lower back pain and a trickle of red blood that faded to brown clumpy looking cm.

I insisted on a scan (which I think you must do) and unfortunately by baby's heart was not beating... Ima still waiting for the bleeding to "kick in"

I am not saying yours is a mc... I have bled with a healthy pregnancy before... but I really think you should ask for a scan...

They said they won't scan me yet as I'm only just gone 6 weeks. So sorry about your MC. How far along are you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->