Am I having a miscarriage??

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I am 5 weeks pregnant and just started having brown discharge with some stringy type clumps in it. I'm so scared. I have no cramping but I've read that a lot of miscarriages start off this way. This isn't normal, right? I don't know what to do :(

Maybe call nhs24 or go to hosp if you're really concerned . I pray everything is ok Mrs . Sending positive thoughts ur way xxx

I've had the same thing this pregnancy. I talked to my doctor and he said it can be very normal in early pregnancy. Probably left over implantation bleeding.
I wouldn't worry unless you start getting heavy bleeding with or without cramps.
It can be SO scary at that first sight of blood. Hang in there Hun. Put on a pad or panty liner to monitor any extra discharge.
Hugs!!!

Spotting can be the first sign of a MC but it is quite common in healthy pregnancies too, Hope it stops for you soon.

They key is that it goes away and doesn't get any heavier. If it gets heavier and red then go to ER. GL xx

I also have been having spotting for a few days. I was told its normal and is probably implantation bleeding.

It's so scary all of the unknowns. I just wish we can fast forward and know that everything will be ok.

I've had brown blood spotting for several days. The brown discharge had brown flacks in it and I'm not cramping. I'm just in my 8 weeks and saw the Dr. and she said its implantation bleeding...try to see Dr as soon as possible it's the only way you can know for sure.

Btw I've had brown stringy spotting too. Both times baby was fine... But if it continues call your Dr.

Thanks ladies, I feel a bit better now. I just automatically panicked when I saw it, but I don't have any cramping or anything so I'm going to try to stay positive until I can see my doctor. First trimester is so scary, I can't handle it!

First trimester is indeed tremendously stressful. I hope you have a sticky bean! Xx

I had the same at 6 weeks and I done another test yesterday ( will be 9wks Friday ) and as far as the test say I am pregnant
Brown blood is old books maybe form left over menstration ?

Could be a subchorionic hematoma (SCH), the most common radiographic abnormality (seen on ultrasound) and a cause of spotting! Sticky baby vibes your way!

Any update wonderstruck? Hoping things are okay.

I had brown discharge at about 9 weeks due to a prenatal exam. My doctor chose to do a pap as I would have been due at about the same time as delivery and pregnancy can cause cancer cells and such to accumulate faster...mine lasted 2-3 days and I had the strings and stuff too... it was scary, but I had been told to expect spotting. I also know people can spot after sex or other irritations of the cervix, or just in response to your changing hormones. The best advice I can give you is the same advice that my doctors gave me which is keep an eye on it. if you start filling a pad or more every hour, you start cramping, or you start with regular blood flow, go to the doctor. without knowing exactly how far along you are it is hard to know if a scan would show anything, but you can always request one and book it in either this week or next. I think they can see something as early as 5 weeks if not certainly 6 and if there is something strange happening with the pregnancy it is better to catch it early than late especially with etopic pregnancies...
Good luck

Any update wonderstruck? Hoping things are okay.

Thanks, I haven't had any incident since then but still holding my breathe until my ultrasound on the 6th. I'll let you know how that goes. Hoping it was just leftover implantation bleeding.

Just saw your last update above and wanted to try to get you through the wait until your scan on the 6th :)

I had brown blood, brown "stringy" blood, red blood (and other things too tmi to even post) throughout 1st trimester. Terrifying and also annoying! My friend kept saying she figured one benefit of being pregnant was no period - but I bled so much she thought I got an extra bad deal :haha:

Anyway - all was ultimately fine! All that bleeding and spotting and scary discharge resulted in DD! She is nearly 2 and happily snoozing away in the next bedroom :)

That's good to hear. I did have a bit of brown spotting again this morning but I'm not going to panic over it. Before this I thought any bleeding meant miscarriage but now I'm seeing that isn't the case.

That's good to hear. I did have a bit of brown spotting again this morning but I'm not going to panic over it. Before this I thought any bleeding meant miscarriage but now I'm seeing that isn't the case.

Ok so I posted in the earlier part of your post. Since I've been having the exact same thing. It's a tiny bit when I wipe and then gone again. And then reappears 2 days later.
So question for you. Are you having any pain when you urinate? I am, and it indicates that the spotting might be from a UTI(bladder infection). Something to check into. My husband is going out to grab me pure cranberry juice right now to help. So maybe this is you? Just a thought

Hmm I haven't had any pain when I urinate but I am very prone to UTI's so maybe I should start taking some cranberry pills just to be sure.

I have it too since 7 weeks. It's a nag. On and off very little tan type discharge... Super random. I found baby's HB again today on Doppler and I have another scan Monday so I'll see more then. My Dr said its just old blood from my csection scarring from other 2 pregnancies. At least that's what he saw in my scan. He said if it doesn't turn red, get heavy or accompanied by cramps then it can just be one of those things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->