Am I in labor?? OUCH!! 1st timer....

Abbey08

Reaction score
At my 39 week appointment last week I was 1.5 cm's and cervix was soft. Just had my 40 week appointment am up to 3 cm and contractions just started about 3 hours before my appointment. I've never had a baby and didn't know what to expect from contractions but no doubt in my mind they are real. This morning the contractions were about 15 mins apart with some being closer to 5 mins and lasting maybe 30 seconds. Doc sent me home til they become consistent and it's only been 2 hours since I left her office. In the past 30 minutes I've had 6 contractions some lasting 35 seconds some 45-50 seconds. But occasionally get a small break maybe 10-15 mins apart.

My main worry is driving home. We love 45 minutes to 1 hour away and I'm stuck on what to do. Would you ladies go home and wait?

Is there somewhere you can go and relax? Maybe a local hotel? You could be in the early stages of labor, but it may be too early to be admitted to the hospital, especially if doc left you leave. Things may just need to get organized. Keep timing your contractions and head in when they are regular and about 4-5 minutes apart.

Oooh how exciting, good luck :dance:. I'd stay close to the hospital if you can, maybe go for a walk (if you can face it!) in case it speeds up; I went to hospital when I was 8cm and contractions were strong, it was horrible sitting in the car and it was only a 5 minute journey!

Good luck hun I hope this is the beginning of things for you. The hospital let me be admitted to the maternity unit on e I reached 4 cm so it might be the same for you too. Before that they just kept me in a side room but let me go for a big bath, maybe your hospital would do the same?

Thanks ladies! They are pretty much changing between 6 minutes apart then have a few 3.5 minutes apart then back to 6 maybe 7 minutes.... just praying for some consistency soon. We are parked near the hospital close to the beach and going to take a walk soon.

Thanks ladies. Now is just the waiting game. Got to the hospital 3 hours ago and was 4cm having super painful contractions 3-4 mins apart. Got an epidural and am finally pain free.

Bang in due date exciting hopefully won't be long keep us all updated happy healthy labour day xxx

Sounds like your LO is preparing to greet the world☺ I wouldn't stray too far from the hospital, go for a walk or long soak might move things along xx good luck☺

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! Was admitted to hospital a Monday night a little before midnight and little Riley was born the next day on his due date (August 11th) at 3:04 pm. Weighing 7 lbs 9 oz. and 20 inches long. No csection needed after all but was in labor for 17 hours and pushed for nearly 3 hours.

Congratulations right on due date :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->