Am I in labour already or are these pains normal please help!

amy_1234

Mummy to Olivia
Reaction score
For the past few days I have been getting period like pains in my back and lower tummy area I have also been waking up with a sore tummy where baby must be lying or something.

The baby's movements are the sane as before but are painful and my period type pains keep coming and going and are quite painful.

Is this normal? I don't think I am having any tightenings what do you think I should do just wait it out or go and get checked? I feel so clueless

Thanks in advance ladies xxx

Forgot to say I have been having thick cervical mucus and I felt the baby drop last Wednesday x

I would call l&d and tell them Hun and see if they want u in xx

Could be BH, as some times they can be a bit painful. But being that you are so early It may just be safer to go in and get checked just in case

I would call l&d and tell them Hun and see if they want u in xx

Hubby is just running me a bath so I am going to see if that easies the pain a bit I just don't know what to think because I know braxton hicks shouldn't be painful but sometimes I am having to breath through these pains. They feel exactly like period pains x

See how you feel after your bath hun, but pls call labour and delivery if u dnt get any better x kp us posted x x good luck x

I agree with Luvbeingamum. See how you feel after your bath, but probably worth ringing l&d and seeing what they say. I've rung a few times just for some advice and they've always been helpful.

Thanks ladies just got out the bath and I've started having back ache again now so I'm going to ring and see what they say xx

I'm having the same thing right now and they told me to take some paracetamol. If that doesn't work within an hour, I was to phone back, but it has dulled the pain for now.

i've been having period pains too, but was reading that it can be your body digesting food because it is so tight in there, idk sometimes I get them but then its gas and it goes away

I've been getting the period cramps and back ache a lot lately but I'm further along and seeing that you are under 35 weeks it might just be a good idea to give your dr a call. Hope all is well hun.

I'm on my way to hospital let you all know how I get on x

Good luck babe,I'll keep my eyes open for ur update xx

hope ur ok amy and they treat u well at the manor lol xxx

Im glad I came across this post!!

I've been experiencing this exactly today and thort nothing of it as I am just going 33 weeks on thursday, very painful period like pains, thick discharge for past couple of days (sorry tmi lol) pains across top of bump and in back.. I also had to 'breathe' through these.. Maybe Ill call My midwife tomorrow if im still feeling the same..

Hope your okay & nothing serious.. xXx

i am 34 weeks and having the exact same thing.. just a few more little things as well and im going to the hospital today cos theyve just find out i have gest. diabetes :/ so will mention it all to them anyways ill letyou know what they say to me.. bt id get checked out just in case anything is going on... every hospital is different.. x

Hope all is well. I too have this problem and they seem to be getting worse and the pain greater....I am interested to see what they tell you to do....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->