• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I in the wrong? Am I being horrible?

erm... nothing I said was harsh... just mostly facts followed by my opinions on names lol

I re-summed up all the post from before into 1 and yet again offered my opinions on the name choice (this is a name opinion forum ffs)

and do you truly disagree???

you disagree the aunt has no right to stop her using the name?

you disagree maybe she should wait and pick the name at birth since she cant settle?

you disagree with the names I said I liked out of her list? (opinions we are all allowed and hardly harsh)

you disagree the using rose again when their are 3 others is odd? (same as above)

or you disagree about the constant posting because its not like im the only person to mention that she has posted a million of these things for a million different names that where all 'the one' - if it was all in one thread I wouldn't click it but they pop up constantly with all the new posts and they are all the same damn thing for the first 10 or so I was being nice but its still going and still the same stuff, is their not rules about constantly spamming the forums there is on other sites, by now its just attention seeking and drama causing for no reason

Like I said before is I disagree with the way you phrase things - words like 'tedious' 'silly' 'sounds like a pony' and now - 'same damn thing' 'attention seeking' 'drama'. It's like you've gone out to specifically phrase things in a very confrontational way, so even if I did agree with any of what you're saying, I don't think the attitude is necessary

The only person causing drama and attention seeking here is actually you.
Yes no spamming is allowed - & I far from spanning.
Feel free to block my threads if they annoy you that much.
I get fed up of seeing you saying about Jakes name and forever telling people their names are silly.
Get off your high horse.

I have also never considered Daisy Blossom - but their is a lady on here who has that name.
It may be silly to you but to someone else it's a beautiful name.

& to everyone else we still haven't decided lol! Xx

JJ - You are one of the most opinionated ladies on this forum. I love that you have an opinion and you try to mean well, but you ALWAYS seem to come off as quite rude and obnoxious in your posts. I actually roll my eyes when I see your name pop up in the comments because I just can't wait to hear what you have to blab on about in such a RUDE way.

This. I'm also a very opinionated person but you are nasty. Think before you post, it really isn't that difficult to figure out whether something is reasonable or not and if you can't manage it I don't think a public forum is the place for you.

Naming a kid is difficult enough as it is, I can only imagine how much stress this conflict with your auntie is adding OP. For the record - there are 2 children in my family called Lucas. They're not as closely related as your 2 Roses would be but if they rarely see eachother it should be a non issue and ultimately it's up to you anyway. I think you should go with 'Rose', it's clearly a name you love and means a lot to you.

lol im the one causing drama... this thread was ABOUT drama - causing it with your whole family for no reason

My cousin called her baby the same name as my sisters child. My sister was a little annoyed but got over it quickly as I'm sure your aunt will, especially when she meets your little one.

JJKCB - Enough is enough. You have been nothing but rude, condescending and antagonistic in this thread, do not post in here again.

Your account activity is being reviewed.

I wouldn't use my first child's middle name to name my second child. Doesn't seem right iykwim?

I find it so hard to choose a name, but I wouldn't use the same name twice like that :)

I have to agree. I wouldn't use it just because it is first dd's middle name. For me the issue with your Auntie is a bit silly on her part and if you hadn't already used it for your first child I would say go for it but I wouldn't use it twice in the same immediate family x

If you love Rose I wouldn't let your aunt or the fact it's DD1's middle name affect it, really.
I've been thinking about this and I know someone who has 2 daughters Mia (mee-uh) Rose and Mya (my-uh) Rose.
To each's own :thumbup:

Also there are tons of families that use the same middle names for children and I'd personally suggest something like this for you - Using:
Eliza Daisy Rose or Eliza Annie Rose (I still really like Eliza & Izzy)

Thanks everyone.
The facts it's Isabelle's middle name doesn't bother us at all - as we we're going to use it as a middle name again.
However my aunt isn't in the best place at the moment - she's really struggling with my Nan's passing and I don't want to upset her anymore.
We're still extremely torn on what to name bump - Eliza and Matilda being the front runners but I can see her being nameless for a whole after she's born.
We've decided to do no more name talk until we see her :)

Oh I'm sad you're not talking about it until she's here! Can I just put a vote in for Grace xxx

It is but it is getting far too stressful for the both of us!
Will definitely update you all x

She should be flattered that you want to use the name. Even tho it is your name too, to share with your children. I say use the name. Family is most important and auntie will overcome her emotions and will always be family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->