Am I just being hormonal, or...

Thanks, all!

Yes, this is the first grandchild/niece/nephew. I hope you all are right and they just don't know how to talk about it.

I'm worried because it all happened really fast, so I feel like they're judging me. My DH and I have been together for a year and just got married last week. We eloped - just us - and no one has actually called me since. My mom and my best friend sent a card, which was really sweet. Everyone else responded to an email full of pictures I sent. My oldest brother said:

"Holy frijole. Chunx you are a maniac. I love you."

Yes, my nickname is Chunx, but more importantly... I'm a maniac?! I guess that's an adequate substitute for "Congratulations," on some planets...

I'm probably reading WAY too much into this, but I feel like they're judging me for doing things differently than they would have planned. That's the thing: this wasn't planned. So, sometimes you have to go with the flow and start your domestic life earlier than you thought you would. I always wanted to be a mom, and I'm THRILLED that it's happening for me now.. with this guy...

But I don't feel like they're happy for me.

None of this craziness would be racing through my hormonal little mind if someone would just CALL ME every now and again to ask, "How's it going?" So I guess I'll call them... and ask about their lives... and hope they think to ask me about that new husband I have and that baby I'm about to have...

Sheesh.

Maybe its more about the fact that you eloped than that you are pregnant? Personally I think my family would have disowned me had I eloped and not told them I was getting married and then showed up and announced a pregnancy. That's a lot of surprise for them to handle and maybe some of them feel left out that you didnt tell them you were getting married and that they couldnt be at your wedding.

It was my second marriage... and my parents were the ones really pressuring me to get married before the baby came. They said they didn't mind if they weren't there, and that we could celebrate later.

So if the elopement is what's upsetting them, that's pretty silly...

I think you might be expecting too much from them (as men).. I just don't think men are great with that stuff.. I'd expect it from my mom and sisters but men - def not.. Half the time they don't know how to behave when it's their own kid (just peruse this site) let alone with it's not.. :) They will come around .. super slowly..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->