Am I leaking?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Katieeeee, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

I'm very aware that I'm most probably being paranoid and silly but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm 13 wks 2 days pregnant and today I felt a bit erm, damp in the old erm, knicker department. :blush: and now I'm thinking, ahhh what if I'm leaking amniotic fluid?? It's happened 2 or 3 times over the past 24 hours where I've felt a bit damp down there. It's not been like AHH I'm SOAKED, just a slight uncomfortable damp feeling. Is this normal or should I be worried? Thanks guys x

2. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

Hi Hun

Its nothing to worry about its prob just increased discharge ive had masses of the stuff lately :blush: xx

3. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

I've had it too!

I was going to post the Q but was a tad embarassed! Heh x

4. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

I've had it too!

I was going to post the Q but was a tad embarassed! :blush:Heh x

5. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Hahaha well we're all going through the same thing so nothing to be embarrased about! The next 18+ years are gonna be nothing but worry aren't they?! Since I've become pregnant all I've done is worry! I've got my scan tomorrow and I'm so scared and nervous, I can't even get excited about it :cry:

6. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

Good Luck with your scan hun hope goes ok for you xx

7. babynewbie

babynewbie Well-Known Member

Im glad someones said this aswell aswell exactly the same is happening to me and i was gonna post a thread on it too!
    Im 6 weeks today and i started to get it a couple of days ago, only a few times a day.

8. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

Okay.. SO when you are in the first couple of weeks of pregnancy it is probably just discharge - totally normal.

Katieeee you are 13 weeks so it may be urine. There is a ton more pressure on your bladder. The same thing happened to me in my first pregnancy and I freaked out. I was at a shopping center about 2 hours away from home (closest maturnity shop) and it happened. I left the store in a mad panic and ran to my car bawling my eyes out. I was certain that my water had broke and I was going to loose the baby. As soon as I got into town I ran to the doctors office and they checked me out. I think they all had a little chuckle. SO I drove 4 hours total and still had no maturnity clothes.

I am guessing that is what is happening to you.

BTW urine is totally normal too - embarassing but normal

9. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Thanks guys, haven't had it since yesterday afternoon so I'm assuming I just let a little bit of wee out too :rofl: Pregnancy is the most undignified time of a woman's life really isn't it? :blush: