am i mad..... what would you do? *long*

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
basically i was meant to be goin to malia in crete for a week in june with my friends for my last girly holiday, loads people dropped out said they couldnt afford it etc so it was just going to be me and my best mate and she was going to book it yday and then i just had this horrible feeling that there was no way i could go and leave summer for a week its just mad i didnt know what i was thinking, i feel awful for my friend but summer always comes first..... so anyway told chris this yday and he ent to happy about it as he said i deserved to go and he went away skiing for a week a few weeks bk so its only fair that i go away too. then literally a few mins later he pipes up with...... oh guess what, ive won this competition at work for a weeks free hol on a big sailing boat eveything paid for, flights, food etc so i get all excited saying that all we will need to do is just book summer onto it then, and he then tells me, oh children arent aloud on the boat :dohh: :hissy:

so id had literally just told him that i wasnt going away with my friend as i cant leave summer for the week even tho i have the money and he had got the week off work to look after her etc, then he comes out with this..... he thinks im completely stupid turning down 2hols but both are with out summer, but the thoight of leaving her makes me feel physically sick.

what would you have done, im not been stupid am i?

You have to do what makes you feel most comfortable hun......if you aren't happy leaving her, then you wouldn't enjoy either of the holidays anyway, would you? So it would really be a waste of money.......could your OH sell the holiday he won, so that you could use the money for a holiday which you can take your LO on??

Course your not stupid , you dont feel comfortable with the idea, and thats fair enough :)

Plenty of times for holidays! :hugs:

well bascially he has won it because every else in the office were not able to go as they were either already away, couldnt find childcare, one was scared of boats etc etc it was meant to go into a hat to be pulled out but everone started saying well i cant go so it only left chris to have it haha which he was well chuffed about as we would get to spend a week together, but the hol has to stay in the company (terms and conditions) so its either we go or no one goes which does seem like a waste of a fee hol but i wouldnt enjoy it without summer so there seems no point.

you should do what you feel is best hun if you dont feel comfortable then dont go, i couldnt leave my boys and go on holiday id forever be worrying about them lol i can barely let them go to someone for the day, well kais never been with anyone else yet, but iv let brendan stay with my mum or brother for the day before and i just feel lost without him lol, would be a nice break for you though hun xxx

Do what u feel comfortable with, i know i struggle to leave jacob for a night XxX

I think it would be good for you to get away hun either with friends or your OH. I expect you could do with a break and if you dont think you could manage the week away why not book a 4day break abroad? xx

if you arent comfortable then you've done the right thing. I couldn't leave Seth for a week, Im bad enough 9 hours through the day at work.

xxx

You're not being stupid hun, you have to do what you feel comfortable with. I couldn't leave charlie x

I wouldn't/couldn't enjoy anything without my babies with me ..

Ok i know im a clingy mum ... but i could never leave them unless i really really had to (like being admitted to hospital or something drastic) and i couldn't go on Holiday without them ... holidays are for families (personal choice for me .. not judging anyone else who may feel differently :hugs: )

Anyway so no hun i wouldn't dream of going either ...its me and my kiddies or nothing at all lol xxxxx

You can only do what you're comfortable with!
I'm booked to go away for a week with a big group of friends the end of July. I'm dreading leaving Kyle because obviously i'll miss him like mad, but he benefits from seeing his Daddy for a full week, which I know John will love too, then after that holiday I'm taking Kyle away to Salou with my friend, her partner and their Kids, so I guess im kind of making up for going away without him by taking him away 3 weeks later :lol:

ive finally decided im not going on either holiday lol, chris thinks im pathetic but i dont care lol he he doesnt understand that im with her all day every day pretty much and cant leave her. we are just looking forward to going on our family holidays with summer now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->