Am I or not???

Mother Goose

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
Hi, Congratulations to all.

Well the :witch: is due tomorrow but I started getting sore boobs on Tuesday so after I took the kids to school on Wednesday I bought a Clearblue early testing kit. Took a test Wednesday mid-morning and got a very clear :bfp: took another test first thing this morning and again a very clear :bfp: and had lots of niggly pains today (still got sore boobs).

How accurate are these tests done early? Can you get a false positive? Not sure whether to get excited yet or not. I had a poosible MC at nearly 5 weeks back in May - left it too late to test that time to confirm it.

Any thoughts?

You can buy a different brand to see! But sound like yo're preggo! Congratulations!

Thanks, I'm keeping everything crossed. No sign of the :witch: yet, I think I'll try another test tomorrow if nothing happens today still can't believe it just yet.

Hi Mother Goose!

Congratulations!

I would try and not worry - a clear line before AF is due is a really positive sign that there is lots of hcg hormones in your system.

It is very rare to get a false positive - the only times you could get one would be if you have been on fertility treatment or have recently been pregnant and there is still some hormone in your system. Some women experience getting a positive pregnancy test followed by a negative one when they have had a chemical pregnancy (egg is fertilised but for some reason does not embed properly and then miscarries).

Basically, to get a BFP on a pregnancy test, there has to be the pregnancy hormone HCG in your system which is only there when you are pregnant or have recently been. False negatives are much more common, when you get a BFN before the hormones have increased enough to register on the test.

I think it is safe to say that you are preggers - congratulations and enjoy the next nine months!

xxx

Sounds good to me. Congrats!

Sounds good to me too! Congratulations! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back