Am I over reacting?

laurajade__x

Reaction score
Ive just 8 days till im due so anythign could happen now really... although my partner has gone out drinking tonight! He says hes not getting 'outta it' just a steady drink. I think hes being really irresponsible seeing as he wont be able to take me hospital if needs be! I dont like the thought of him drinking so close to our baby being born! It would be very unlikely for somthing to happen tonight but its the fact hes willing to take that risk? Im really upset about it as he said 'Im same when im drunk im no different I can still be there'... Its made me really mad and upset am I over reacting? I wouldnt want him at the birth if hed been drinking, to me it just says that he aint as botherd about baby as i thought he was..

Nope, you're not over-reacting. My hubby wouldn't dare do that, his last drinking day is this coming Friday, a few days before I turn 33 weeks. His choice! But he will have the odd beer or two but not enough to be over the driving limit.

I don't think your over reacting at all. I've already told my hubby no drinking 2 weeks before edd,I would be really pissed off if he did. I've not said a word about him going out but i would if he did this. Maybe you need a proper chat tommoro to make him realise sometimes they just don't get it! Put a sernario in his head a what if! Txt him and say you gone into labour tonight! lol xx

In my personal opinion, let him have the drink or two. He's not really going to have that ability for a while (or even want to most likely) after the baby comes. It's important for both the dad and mom to get some time to do a little for themselves before the baby comes, as long as its not dangerous I hope lol. As long as nothing's happened, and he's come home safe, I wouldn't be too upset. Now if he were going out every night and making it known he doesn't care, then I would worry. I wouldn't take it as that he doesn't care about you or the baby or what could happen. What he said might have been a little stupid, yes, but I don't think it would be something to get too mad about.

I wouldnt mind one or two, but the fact hes having enough to be over the limit and wouldnt be able to take me to hospital if I needed to go upsets me.. He goes out every night (not drinking every night) but he goes up to his mates and doesnt come back untill like midnight! Every night.

In my personal opinion, let him have the drink or two. He's not really going to have that ability for a while (or even want to most likely) after the baby comes. It's important for both the dad and mom to get some time to do a little for themselves before the baby comes, as long as its not dangerous I hope lol. As long as nothing's happened, and he's come home safe, I wouldn't be too upset. Now if he were going out every night and making it known he doesn't care, then I would worry. I wouldn't take it as that he doesn't care about you or the baby or what could happen. What he said might have been a little stupid, yes, but I don't think it would be something to get too mad about.

I agree it's important to have time for ourselves, definitely. And one or two drinks is fine. But I'm sorry, getting drunk enough to not be able to drive your partner to hospital and / or be sober during birth 8 days before due date is out of order. There's other ways to chill out and have fun with friends in the lead up to delivery!

I'm normally quite chill and think a lot of women on here over-react due to hormones or whatever... but YES that would piss me off! Does he realize that you won't be able to drive to the hospital if you're contracting and that he needs to be responsible???

I'm normally quite chill and think a lot of women on here over-react due to hormones or whatever... but YES that would piss me off! Does he realize that you won't be able to drive to the hospital if you're contracting and that he needs to be responsible???

He just says 'Ill get my mum to take us' But I want it to be just me and him going through it together not having to get sombody else to do his job just cause hes been irrisponsible :(

i dont think your over reacting at all, you are worried about getting to the hospital and feeling as if you are being supported which wont happen if he has been drinking too much. maybe explain what your nervous about as really your little one could arrive any day now. however i feel it is necessary to have his own time maybe suggest something that wont involve drinking til the baby is here ? sorry couldnt be of much help xxx

Your not over reacting. You need support. If that's what you need he should understand. I'm organising a surprise party for hubby 30th just before baby is due. I'm sure he will be wrecked but it is my choice and I have plans put in place in case. He should support you and what makes you relaxed. You both will need to be totally on same page when baby comes so it would be good to be starting that now!!! Men never grow up though.

Try not to let him stress you out. Hopefully this will get it out his system.

I am the same. My oh has not had a night drinking since I was 24 weeks as I have been very high risk and would need him sober so he would have one or two drinks a night and has been really happy with that as he wants to be alert when baby does come and take me to the hospital. He did buy a bottle of wine last night and expected to drink the whole thing... no way as the doc just took me off progesterone and labout really could happen anytime

I'd be annoyed.. OH had his last drinks when I was 37 weeks.

FIL was drunk at MIL's first birth 37 years ago and she still brings up how annoyed she was! She told him to go out, but wasn't expecting him to have more than 1 or 2 drinks!

I'd be a tad annoyed. If he stayed under the limit, then totally cool.
When I was 34 wks pregnant with my DD, i was home alone and DH was next door having a drink with our neighbour (my brother). I stepped off our deck onto the grass (probably 1/2 metre) and didnt take into account how much ligaments can loosen up (if that's the right terminology). I heard a snap and went down like a sack of potatoes. My ankle swelled up instantly. I thought I'd broken it. I had to crawl back inside on the ground in agony to my phone. He couldn't drive me as he had drank too much. I rang a couple of other people (my father and an RN are also neighbours) and they also had been drinking (it was a weekend). Luckily my sister in law wasnt over the limit. To say that I was ticked off is an understatement. Even if its not labour, when your at this stage of pregnancy anything can happen and you need to have the assurance that you can rely on your OH. (Ankle was badly sprained btw and was on crutches. Great at 34wks pregnant!).

I personally wouldn't mind that much... But then again even drunk as a skunk my oh is totally level headed and would be totally fine at the birth and there's always other options like my mum to take me and him to hospital...

I'm very casual tho... As long as they weren't drinking here and waking me up I wouldn't care lol

You are not over reacting. Hubby is going to be told that he is not going out after work for drinks once I reach 38 weeks, he is already getting admin off me if he is out 2 nights in a row!

I also agree that both parents need a little time for themselves before baby arrives & I am usually pretty good about hubby staying out after work & last night he went out with his cousin for all you can eat ribs & a blokey movie lol, but I asked him in turn not to stay out for Friday night drinks tonight with his colleagues.

I'm lucky that Hubbie isn't a big drinker, he'll have a couple of beers socially but never gets 'drunk'.

We don't drive if either of us has had ANYTHING to drink though (as far as we are concerned, just one is over the limit. If we are going to a party one of us will be designated driver and just stay on the soft drinks all night, we take it in turns and it's fine). So if he did have a beer and I went into labour we'd probably get a taxi to the hospital!

I actually just suggested to DH today that he watch his alcohol intake as I am now considered 'full term'. He joked and said: "When you go into labor is exactly when I'll NEED to start drinking!" Haha... Well, he doesn't drink much, but I do wish he'd just stop drinking in case I go into labor. I am biased though anyway since I don't drink when I'm not pregnant either and am not a fan of alcohol at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->