am I over reacting

rainbowbaby2

Reaction score
Ok landlord came to the house tonight to let us know that next.friday someone is comming to replace the boiler which means bo heating or water at all so asked if we would be able to stay at someones house overnight... I phoned my Nan asking if we could stay at hers as she has 2 spare rooms and this was the response " you and lil man can stay but oh cant as sorry but I dont agree with sharing a bed before marriage " im a lil pissed as we have been together 3 years now and have a lil boy... i know its what she belives on but am i over reacting for being annoyed that my Oh is gonna be stuck in a cold house with no water now as all his family live downsouth so he has no one to stay with

If she has two spare rooms I know it's not ideal but couldn't you and your son have one room and your partner the other?

I don't think your overeacting at all but what can you do? Her house so I guess you have to respect her wishes, obviously she's just old fashioned. Can he maybe sleep on her setee or something?

If she has two spare rooms I know it's not ideal but couldn't you and your son have one room and your partner the other?

yea thats what i was going to say an u not share the bed with ur LO and your OH not have the other bed? My OHs grandmother flipped the lip when she seen we only had 1 bed in our house when we first moved in 2gether! then didnt speak to us for a while wen she found out i was pregnant b4 we got married its just the way they have been brought up the old fashioned way hope u get sumthing worked out xx

i dont know tbh, i mean everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if she doesnt want you sharing a bed in her house i think thats fair enough

if it were me i would just tell my dh to go elsewhere for the night haha

failing that you could always check into a travelodge or something

I understand where you are coming from. However it seems she has never forced her opinions on you before, its only since you have asked for a room for the night. If its her house, then her rules and she's never imposed this ban on you sharing a room or voiced her unhappiness in the past.

I agree with another poster and I'd tell her that you respect her wishes and will completely adhere to them (considering it is her house) and ask if you could use both bedrooms, but OH will stop in one and you and LO stop in another?

I can understand you being annoyed and not agreeing with her views - but it's her house and what she says goes unfortunately, and you need to respect that. She's obviously not rubbing her opinion on you two living together before marriage under your own roof... but under her roof, she won't have it.
In terms of not having any hot water - how long will that be for? If it's just 24-48 hours, could you not stay at home and boil the kettle for washes etc??

We had our boiler replaced in April love and the water wasn't off all the time - just when they were disconnecting the old one and fitting the new one - it was on all other times. And when it was off we just boiled the kettle if needed.

Obviously it wasn't as cold then as it is now but it was still a little chilly so we bought a cheap halogen heater for the living room.

Our boiler was broken for a couple of days before it was replaced too so used the heater and extra layers to keep warm.

Perhaps this could be an option rather than having to compromise on your sleeping arrangements at your nans?

She does tell me she doesnt agree she keeps asking when we are getting married.... she made it clear from.day one she didnt approve.. and I cant stay is its getting.turned off on the friday at 4pm and the water tank and boiler removed on the saturday and new boiler and tank placed in on the monday... its a privet contractor .... this house only has single.glazing so when the heatings of its like an ice box its freezing and I cant have my lil boy freezing... plus the water boiler is in his room... i respect her house her rules ect but its annoying as my aunt got to stay there with her bf and two kids i know its her daughter but it seemed a bit hypocritical to me...

But OH said its fine he doesnt mind staying on his own he said atleast someone will be in for the guys.... so it will just be me and lil man anyway x

Yeah that would annoy me too. I think i'd just booked into a travelodge for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->