Am I pregnant or is there something seriously wrong??????

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Northern girl, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Northern girl

Northern girl Member

So..this is me being a very confused and concerned lady..Here are the facts..

Last Ovulation approx March 24th - 27th, did BD as usual every other day all over this time period. AF due April 9th (28 day cycle as ALWAYS never late) AF didn't rear her ugly head until March 13th and was painful as usual but not as long (2.5 days instead of 3-4 days) but was heavy and included some clots although not as much as usual.
    Completed 2 negative tests whilst waiting for late AF to arrive, AF arrived gave up hope, conceded defeat and again started wait until next Ovulation.
    HOWEVER (this is where it gets confusing) over a week ago (so just after AF) started to get strange feelings around uterus area, not pain as much just uncomfotable, also sharp shooting pain in right ovary / pubic bone area, very similar to Ov pain (far too early for that)..as the days progressed, cramps in uterus area have increased, although nothing as painful as usual pms cramps, burning, bloating and fluttering feeling. Also as much as i dont want to sound like i am willing myself to be pregnant, feelings four days ago did feeling like someone was 'stretching' or twisting my uterous and feelings like bubbles inside. THis has gradually increased along with intense fatigue, have been having two naps a day even though not exerting myself in anyway, also have had intense lower back pain for over a week, almost constant. Cannot reach down or pick heavy things up easily. I have had a spot outbreak on my face and breasts which is strange for me and only usually happens right before AF. General feeling of bloating today. Waves of intense nausea (not enough to actually puke) over the last three days, mostly in the early hours of the morning. Feeling hungry not too long after meals and finally just a weird strange feeling of being more aware of my utuerous, if that makes sense, i know i sound like a crazy lady.

Ive not been on here for a while as TTC was becoming too much of an emotional rollercoaster with the dissapointments so please believe me when i say, i have not imagined all of this, ive never felt this weird before. Either i am pregnant or there is something wrong. I have blood test appointment tomorrow and a scan to test my ovaries as GP says that AF and Neg tests means i CAN'T be pregnant.
    My apologies for the essay, hope you stuck around long enough to read it all and offer me some friendly advice. xxxxxxxxx

2. goingforit

goingforit Well-Known Member

Hey, didnt want to read and run but all I can say is good luck with the doc's tests. All I know is that our bodies can be very confusing! FX for you x

3. Northern girl

Northern girl Member

Thank you!! :) :) xx

4. Northern girl

Northern girl Member

Come on ladies i'm going crazy here and getting more bloated by the minute..anyone know of anyone who had af and bfn but was pregnant?????? help! :) xx

5. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

when i was 18 my first pregnancy, i got afs each month and done tests from when i was sick and still had bfns.....i later miscarried about 6 months :cry: but can happen xxx

6. broodylocket

i got bfns until i was about 5 months gone!

7. Northern girl

Northern girl Member

Sorry to hear about the mc Broody, hope you get what you are hoping for soon, thank you for the reply :) xxxx

8. broodylocket

its ok.. :) its people on baby and bump help....especially near EDD xxx

good luck xxx

9. Shelby2007

Shelby2007 Khyler Rae born 1/26/10

i would also call the dr.. sounds very strange! good luck. xx

10. rabbit

rabbit Well-Known Member

are the bubbles so loud you can hear them? i've been having these for weeks, also stabbing pains on lower right hand side, like you. this is my second cycle after ectopic in nov, first cycle was 50 ish days, this so far is 70 odd days. I've been referred for ultrasoud but that isn't until mid may! I am also very spotty when i dont usually get them!!

Is your scan tomorrow too? good luck x

11. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Theres plenty girls on here who can vouch for that happening? And if it isnt, its good your doc is doing tests to see what else is going on there! xxx

12. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

Dont know if this will help. My sister had AF with all three of her kids for the first 3 months of pregnancy. Obviously she didnt know she was pregnant untill she missed AF the four month. So it is possible,altho prob not very commen.Good luck at docs and hope you get your questions answered sweetie.:hugs::hugs:

13. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

i dont have any advice im afraid but just wanted to say good luck with the doctor xx

14. Northern girl

Northern girl Member

Thank you so much for the replies ladies. I feel like i'm going crazy! Hubby is upset with me as he thinks i'm 'willing' myself pregnant and he thinks the symptoms i'm having are symptoms of something else..But i just cant help but notice that my body feels so different, and as the days go by my back ache and tummy blaoting is getting worse but not to the point were i would say im in pain, if that makes sense. Also increased CM over last two days, quite a bit and totally knackered! I slept well last night and then went back to bed for three hours at 11am! tired all day and ready for bed now but no reason for this much tiredness.Also lots of wind (sorry TMI) and definatly feeling of bubbles or something from my chest down to my lower abdomen...
    Had blood tests today so hopefully will have an answer either way soon. :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Anymore stories of BFN and AF similar experiences while pregnant would be greatly appreciated. :)

15. Crailly

Crailly Well-Known Member

Good Luck with the blood tests. Hopefully you get an answer soon.

16. Csunshine013

Csunshine013 Well-Known Member

Just spoke to a friend of mine who just found out she is 12 wks pg. She has had af all along. She did get a bfp about three wks ago n started her af so she thought it was a false positive. She went for an vaginal scan which created more blood(tmi) and thought she lost it after the scan, but they brought her back in and saw the baby again with a heartbeat. So it could happen. Either way I would be calling dr and pushing for test results tomorrow. Hope it works out for you!
    :hugs:

17. Northern girl

Northern girl Member

Just a quick update. I got my blood test results back, which were clear of any infection, illness, anemia etc etc..which is great obviously,but not sure what is going on if theres no illness and no pregnancy, something is definatly going on in there! However, did'nt know that the GP hadn't requested a pregnancy test with the blood test so i'm none the wiser!! Still negative hpk test results coming back but still feeling Pregnant! If i am, then today is 6 weeks and 1 day..If not then i'm a loony!
    Symptoms are..
    Still snoozing in the middle of the day,
    Bloated tummy (favourite jeans now at the back of the wardrobe).
    Sore lower abdomen similar to AF cramps.
    Pains in my lower back, belly button, hips and ovaries.
    LOTS of creamy white CM (sorry far TMI) feels like i've pee'd myself every morning when i get up.
    Waves of extreme nausea that ive never felt before, so bad it woke me up at 5am and couldnt get back to sleep this morning.
    Very tired after doing simple things like walking aflight of stairs.
    Hungry most of the day but then no appetite when deciding what to eat!
    Strange bloodshot eyes, which i never get.
    Stuffy nose.
    Stiff neck.

GP is refusing to do a blood test for pregnancy as they cant believe how i could be pregnant with af and negative hpk results..soooo annoying!!!!!! :(
    So only thing i can do is look after myself, keep taking the folic acid, no alcohol and wait for Mays AF to turn up, or hopefully not.
    I would bet a huge amount of cash on being pregnant right now, hubby things its psychosomatic, i'd be rather concerned if that was the case and i could make myself feel all of these symptoms for no reason!! I think he's just a bit upset with the emotional rollercoaster of TTC.
    Thanks for all of the input ladies, makes me feel less of a psycho! :) xxxx

18. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

those symptoms can be the cause of a lot of other things. I was/am getting them during the time when i knew there was no chance of me being pregnant.

I dont want to scare you but its something that you're doctor should look at. these things are hard to detect unless several different tests are dont.

*Pelvic Inflamatory Desease
    *Endometrosis
    *Overian cyst

those are just a couple of things that cause those symptoms and they can even make it hard to get pregnant. sometimes you dont even have to have any symptoms to have something like that. I just thought i would mention it to you to look into but lets hope it has nothing to do with that!