Am I pumping enough?

tamina800

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I had my daughter 10 days ago. She was born at 36w3d.
While she latched right away after birth and nursed beautifully for the first 4 days, she suddenly refused the breast after that.
I attributed it to me being engorged and she is tiny (4lbs15oz). I have been bottle feeding her pumped breastmilk for her since then.
Upon discussing this with her pediatrician, we decided to continue to bottle feed her till she reaches 6 pounds in weight, so that we know how much she is getting and we do not waste her limited energy on sucking.
Each time I pump (for 20 mins), I get between 2 and 3oz in total. I am using a hospital grade pump.
Is my milk supply ok for 2 weeks in? She drinks 1.5 to 2oz per feeding so I am keeping up with her demand but am worried she will see a sudden growth spurt and I won't be making enough. I am taking fenugreek and motherlove more milk special blend.
I pump about 8 times a day, right after her bottle feeding.
Why do I feel for the amount of pumping I do and the supplements I take, I'm still making only nominal amount of milk? Just wanted to know how much you pumped around 10 days pp...thanks!

I think that sounds like a fantastic amount! Don't quote me on too much, because I only have myself to compare to but I am nearly 4 weeks in and pump at most a total of 4 oz and I am satisfied with that amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->