MOB's 2023 Journal/Lists

motherofboys

Reaction score
Hey, hey, it's that time again!

So other than Christmas itself I also have Zac's 16th birthday, Seth's 10th birthday, BIL birthday, SIL birthday, nieces birthday, all in October, all in less than 2 weeks. Then in December I have DH birthday, our anniversary (though to be fair we don't do much, if anything, for that) and my mum's birthday. So my lists usually include all that too. We also do separate gifts on Christmas Eve to keep them all busy through the day. Also, yes, we buy for our pets :haha:

DH birthday
Hand warmer
Sd card

Mum birthday
Perfume

CHRISTMAS

Mum and her husband
First Christmas in new home decoration
Box of biscuits

MIL
Scarf
Wooden puzzle

BIL
whisky

SIL
wine

Niece
Bubble tea kit

Best friend
Posh shower gel
Motivational keyring
chocolate orange

Friends eldest child
Selection box

Friends second child
Selection box

Wolfie (dog)
Blanket
Toy crisp packet
Rainbow bowl

Poppy (mum's dog)
Toy crisp packet

Jimi (17)
Gaming "Oodie"
Ww2 from above
Scrapbook with pictures from his holiday last year
Razor
Metal puzzle tank
Tools for puzzle
Headphones
Keyboard and mouse
Headset
Air raid shelter sign
Spitfire cufflinks
Glass
Smellies
After eight chocolate bag
Chocolate orange
Toblerone
Tickets to Churchill War rooms
Money on Steam

Stocking
Replica trench whistle
Dino sling shot
invisible ink pen
Hand warmer
Choc coins
Candy cane
Smelly spray

Christmas eve
Operation market garden book
Pjs
Selection box

Zac (16)
Scrapbook with pictures from his holiday
Man U "Oodie"
United Away Shirt
After eight chocolate bag
Razor
Wooden model music box
Agatha Christie xbox game
Music boxing machine
Football picture
Xbox wall mount
Tracksuit and core layer
Football socks and sock sleeves
Glass
Smellies
Old Trafford tour tickets
Toblerone
Choc Orange

Stocking
Gloves
invisble ink pen
dino sling shot
Hand warmer
choc coins
candy cane
Smelly spray
Xbox gift card

Christmas eve
Obey the clay
Pjs
Selection box

Nate (13)
Foo Fighters tickets
Foo Fighters tshirt
Football "Oodie"
Gaming headset
Razor
malteaser reindeer bag
Xbox battery charging pack
Mankind figure
Xbox controller
assassins creed
triple h figure
Teardown
Seth Rollins figure
Mr T figure
Wee 2k23
Call of duty
fifa
Goal keeper gloves
Toblerone
chocolate orange

Stocking
invisible ink pen
dino sling shot
Choc coin
Candy cane
Wwe top trumps
Xbox gift card

Christmas eve
Wwe stage entrance (sharing)
Mick Foley
Pjs
Selection box

Seth (10)
El torito figure
Gaming "Oodie"
Dude love figure
Malteaser reindeer bag
Christmasaurus book
Spiderman lego
Mission fleet Bad Batch set
ps5 controller
extended storage
lego millennium falcon
Ps5
Superthings
Spiderman 2
Andre the Giant figure
Randy Orton figure
Assassins Creed
Wwe 2k23
Toblerone
chocolate orange

Stocking
Roblox top trumps
invisible ink pen
Choc coin
Candy cane
dino sling shot
Playstation gift card

Christmas eve
Wwe Stage Entrance (sharing)
Sin cara figure
Pjs
Selection Box

Reuben (3)
Motorised Thomas
Motorised Percy
"Toast man" cushion
Motorised Nia
chocolate lolly
The Dinosaur that Pooped a Reindeer book
Bluey board book set
Curlimals (blue badger)
Bluey "Oodie"
Toddler knife set
Toy Barber Set
Toy Vet Set
Drawing pad
Thomas dvd
thomas scooter
wooden pizza
Portable microscope
Painting set
Little live pets mouse set
Toblerone
chocolate orange

Stocking
Paint brushes
Invisible ink pen
Choc coin
Candy cane
Chocolate orange
Chocolate lolly
dino sling shot
Smelly spray
Lip balm

Christmas eve
Bluey carry case and figures
Pjs
Selection Box

Last edited:
Tagging along! WOWZA's: You have a list and half to fulfill!

! And you've made me realise I too have missed off mine and OH's anniversary in Nov, stockings and pets Christmas 8-[ :-$ I guess that's what I get for being an eager beaver lol

Tagging along! WOWZA's: You have a list and half to fulfill!

! And you've made me realise I too have missed off mine and OH's anniversary in Nov, stockings and pets Christmas 8-[ :-$ I guess that's what I get for being an eager beaver lol

The crazy thing is other than the kids it doesn't feel like there's many people to buy for any more. When we were first married there was my nan and grandad, both his nans, his grandad, another friend I used to buy for and her 3 kids, FIL, my dad and brother from his second marriage, a secret santa with another friendship group, used to buy for SILs kids and BILs kids but now they are adults we don't. All those people have either passed, lost contact, or we decided mutually to stop buying for each other for money reasons.

The younger boys have been through the smyths book marking things they want so I've got a starting point. The older boys have no idea what they want. Jimi said there's not even any games he's interested in coming out this year!

Is Jimi planning on driving? Maybe theory/lessons if so?

I do keep thinking about it, but I am being pressured to learn to drive myself and I'm not sure I can afford for both of us to learn. I've said he'll need to get a job if he wants to drive because at the end of it he'll want a car and that comes with costs of its own. If he can get a job I might get him a bulk of lessons to start him off, or offer to go halves or something.
Though to be fair I do keep trying to come up with ways to make it work so I can just get him them as I k ow they'd make him happy.

Last edited:
Just ordered Zac and Seth's birthday cards, a set of superthings for Seth's birthday, a foo fighters tshirt for Nate, and a Motorised Thomas and Percy for Reuben. Also a set of paintbrushes for Reubens stocking as he loves painting but I'm always hunting for the brushes haha

I'm going to make Jimi and Zac a scrapbook/photo album of their holiday. I've ordered 2 scrap books, some pens, I may get washi tape if I can find the right sort of thing but that's been a struggle. I also got transfer style stickers themed to their particular holidays and will get a bunch of photos printed.

Zac and Seth's birthdays are done. I feel a bit bad as Seth made a full on list of things and while I have 5 things off the list and have explained that as I've already bought his presents before he added to the list I can't get the game he wants, and explained about spending a set amount on all of them for their birthdays for fairness etc I still feel like maybe I should have got one of the games anyway. He does have a game, but it's a surprise one that I thought he'd like before he asked for the other games. I could potentially save it for Christmas and get one he asked for but I don't really have any more money at this point considering I've still got my niece, BIL and SIL birthday to buy for, an MOT coming up, and won't be paid until a couple of days before his birthday.

Well done on getting Zac and Seth's birthdays sorted. I'm sure you've got lots for Seth and he will love the surprise game :)

I'm trying to decide whether to get the boys Oodie style things. Jimi lives in his dressing gown, Zac does wear his, the others don't really wear them but I feel like Seth would like a Oodie more as he can pull his legs up inside it. Reuben doesn't wear anything but a nappy, even in the dead of winter, but I've seen a cute Bluey one that I'm hoping maybe if he had that he'd want to wear it because he can put the hood up and be Bluey.

Oodie style things are really good. Holly has one and she loves it, it's so cosy

My mum bought me one last year and it's so warm even though it's not an official Oodie one. It's just the not knowing how much wear they'll get from them.

Got SIL a box of wine at work that was meant to be £15 and was down to £6 something and then got 10% off. There was also a whisky in a gift box that looked really posh but was own brand, it was £27 down to £13 plus I get 30% off. So I'm happy with my bargains and both boxes look quite fancy and like they were more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->