Am I supposed to be gaining weight this early?

Mild Mango

Reaction score
I am 7 weeks, 5 days and so far I've gained about 4 lbs since my BFP. I can't figure out if this is pregnancy-related, or if I'm just getting chubby. I don't feel like my eating or exercise habits have changed THAT much.

The weight gain is mostly in my belly I think, but I naturally gain weight there, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

This is my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect. I've had several friends who have gained 60+ lbs while pregnant and had to deal with all sorts of pregnancy issues because of it. Also, I don't want to have a ridiculous amount of weight to lose postpartum so I'm trying to stick to the 25-35 lb recommendation.

Should I be gaining weight this early? How far along were you when you started gaining baby weight? How much weight have you gained so far (if any)?

I gain 14lb from 4-9wk with my second and 24lb in total for her.

10 weeks, first babe and I've gained 3 pounds. But I am eating better, so I'm sure some of the weightis just from me actually eating 3 meals a day instead of 1.
I'm going to try and gain just the reccomended, I'm getting back to swimming this week!

You'd be amazed how much of that is bloat and retained water! At least for me :)

Could be some water retention. It affects everyone differently. I had a bit of bloating off and on and now at 14 weeks I'm at a 5 lb gain. Once that first tri bloating finally went I ended up losing a bit of water weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->