Am I taking on to much?

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I had to leave my part time job last year due to not having anyone to look after my dd and I was pregnant again, so I started an ebay business I was buying in rings from china and making good profit off them on ebay I was only buying in small so it was probably making £60-£100 a month but my oh beginning of this year told me to buy in shitloads of stock and recently my ebay buisiness has exploded I made £100 in 2 days this weekend but although I love the money it's all getting to much I no longer feel I have me time when my babies are in bed instead I'm spending it taking pictures, listing items and packing stuff and I feel really depressed and stressed like I have no life at all. My oh doesn't want me to stop though and is pressurising me to buy in more and more and in all honesty I don't think I can cope with my demanding mum job aswell as my demanding ebay business on top of that. I am really liking the money though which is putting me off stopping I just feel I've taken on to much.

I think it's something only you can decide. It's a balance between how much you want/ need the money and how much it's stressing you out. Personally I wouldn't like to do an at home business because it can just swallow up your whole life. Have you tried saying ok ill work 2 hours tonight or something and that's it? Then it might feel like you can put it in a box almost like you were actually going to work. You want to try and separate work and life as much as you can.

I think if you could find a balance then it would be worth continuing. Who puts the kids to bed? If its you I would suggest trading that time for buisness time but like pp said having a maximum amount of time you will work. If its too much to keep doing more then maybe you could get you OH to do some of the listings if he is so keen?

Thanks for the replies the set time sounds a good idea, both kids are in bed by 6pm do if I made 6-8pm my work time then I could have 1-2 hours to myself. I do make Saturday night my night off though since there's no post Sundays but it does mean extra work on Sunday night. We do need the money as were saving for a mortgage so I suppose this would save up nicely over the next couple of years. Suppose I just need to get myself into a routine.

You just need to get in a good routine. Just make sure you declaring the money for tax purposes as there are cracking down on ebay and you don't want to get a huge fine.

Hi I starred an ebay business 4 months ago and it's really started picking up I work 9-5 5 days a week so now it's getting too much my hubby puts our little boy to bed while I'm listing my little boy likes to try to help wen I take photos I usually try to take him wen I'm buying my items but I know how u feel it can really start to take over ur life

I know it's not the same thing at all but I have to work in the evenings as I'm a teacher. I set myself a limit and work 7-9 / 6:30-8:30 once lo is asleep. My job is never all done and I could work until midnight each night, but I have to have a limit and after that I get an hour or two of me time before bed. I found it took a while to get used to - and I don't get to watch much telly or films or anything - but having the routine stops the work piling up. Maybe you could try setting a limit and see if that helps. If not you could look at whether your oh has the Los while you catch up a bit

Thankyou for the replies, I have decided to just do 2 hours a night on it then have 2 hours to myself before bed. Don't worry I am registered, I wasn't going to but then read a story online about a man being jailed for 2 years because he didn't declare his ebay earnings and the total tax owed in the end was £500,000 that story scarred me enough lol no way I want my kids coming to visit mummy in jail!

It sounds like you've got a good plan in place. 2 hours a night should be fine, especially as you'll be able to have some free time afterwards (so important!). You'll probably find that it starts to take less time as you go on as you might be able to reuse some photos, copy and paste listing details etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->