Am I the only one living chaos!?

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
I want to check that I am not the only one but my house is chaos it used to be so lovely even the skirting boards got polished. My OH didnt even have a shirt this morning and had to Febreeze one! I am lucky to get a shower nevermind Hoover the down stairs! Please tell me its not going to be like this forever! I know everyone says the first weeks are mad but I literally dont have a pan clean or anything! When Leo falls asleep I run to the loo try and grab something to eat and get into bed for some sleep - I have always regretted later running around doing housework when he is asleep! - when he is awake I cant put him down he just cries!

I'm still like that lol barely have time to get a shower and OH moans about the lack of tidyness. I've rarely slept when she has in the day because I've had to use that time to do things. But I'm sure it gets easier once they get older!

At that age life was chaos....and it is still fairly chaotic but at least we get to sit down to meals most days now. Stan helps me a lot with the housework, we split it fifty-fifty which has helped loads, he's also a very hands on father (we bottle feed though so he can help me with the feedings etc.) It will get better :hugs:

Hi Lucy,

How are you both doing?

I can sympathise with you. I am just getting back on track now. The first few weeks, I would rush around when Poppy was asleep just trying to get the place in to some semblance of order and then, like you said, I would totally regret it later cos I'd be so exhausted!

Now, I do most of my housework when DH gets into bed at night. He goes to bed around 9 as he works early, so I feed Poppy and give her to him for about half an hour for cuddles and I rush round getting things done. I find it's much easier to do it at night and then you can wake up in the morning and not have to worry about it!

I'm sure it will get easier though. I think it's even tougher when you are breast feeding as that takes up so much of your time for the first few weeks.

xx

No you aren't the only one:rofl: I have a sling so I put Jack in there if I REALLY need to get things done, (hoovered the whole house with him in there yesterday!) I also put him in his bumbo if I am washing bottles or dishes or cooking, but if it can wait though, it does! The thing I find hardest is getting a shower & washing my hair - when Jack naps he usually has 45 mins MAX - so normally about 1/2 hr. He usually wakes just as I am finishing off in shower, so my hair is in a towel & he ends up getting frightened!!!! My DH works away too, so the only person who can look after him is my daughter & I don't like to ask her all the time (even though she is more than happy to do it!!)
I did actually manage to shower, wash dry & straighten my hair today in 30 mins, he woke just as I'd finished - it was lovely!!:happydance:

I too live in a mess lol between naps, i clean and take care of the dog and when hes up ill feed him and he sits in his highchair and plays while i try to clean but it never works for long ..as for supper well " whats supper ?" lol

We're still like that I do all the housework and its sooo hard. It does get easier as your LO gets older but still isnt easy!

It doesnt always need to be done anyway, not the most important thing anymore!

xxx

yes it is chaotic, but your LO is still small and your still getting used to one another..
couldnt OH help at night after work, maybe bath LO for you to do something..or stack the dishwasher for you :shrug:
x

im pretty lucky, Kaitlin sleeps quite a bit in the day, she usually cat naps, throughout the day and has a big sleep for a couple of hours aswell. Im an obsessive cleaner though and I think Id have a panic attack if I couldnt keep the house clean and tidy lol. Although she isnt perfect, when she is awake she is usually quite ratty and needs cuddles/entertainnig untill she gets tired again and falls asleep, its when she is asleep I get everythnig done. But give it a month or so whwn she is awake more in the day my house will be like a bombs hit it! xx

My beautiful house.....is a bloody mess :wacko: but it aint the end of the world. OK the carpets need hoovering and i have dishes to do. But when baba is asleep in the day i have 'me' time. So ill sit and watch a bit of tv and chill, have a nap or come on here. Then once OH home from work he takes baba and i get things done. :) Im only on about 3-4hours sleep a night so any spare time im not running around like a idiot trying to clean me house for it to wear me out before ive even started :)

CHILL :) Everything else can wait make sure u get your sleep or even some time to relax and think about everything else later XXXX

I agree with Ema, dont worry about it. my house is a mess, I have just folded 5 loads of washing and have another 2 waiting to be sorted. I used to try and do it while she slept. Now I use that time to chill out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->