am i the only one...

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
... who thinks to myself everyday.. " I can't wait til this baby is outta me so I can go on a diet!"........
I feel bad for thinking it knowing that I'm getting big and fat for a really great reason!! But, I guess I just feel so freaking down about myself that all I wanna do is diet and exercise so I can lose weight... even though I can't right now. It's something I think about atleast 5 times a day.

Is that bad?! Or are there a bunch of people right there with me?!

I'm with you hun, although I know I have the excuse, I look down at my thighs and itch to jump a cycle machine!

I'm right there with you..
I've been doing loads of research into weight watchers/slimming world etc to see what would be best for me after LO is born.

I know some people will think it is silly worrying about weight etc but I was borderline normal/overweight (well according to BMI.. I think it is bulls**t) when I first got weighed (at 11 weeks) & now I know I'm over weight as I've put on over 14lbs, I'm not one of these people that loses weight easily so I am going to worry about it :hissy:

LO is definitely going to be worth it but I will never be comfortable with putting on weight!

xXx

yea i weighed myself last night and i was abit shocked and worried how the hell im going to use it and i havve strechmarks :( so its kinda on my mind aswelll

I understand what you are saying but as I haven't gained any weight yet then I don't care lol. I am lucky but have sympathy for those who gain loads :hugs:

I keep calling my bump my pie belly and OH is moaning about it.

But truth be told, I feel fat, ugly and horrible

I know in the end it all pays off by having your little guy or gal...
but baaaah.
I was never teeny tiny or anything like that.. but I'd love to fit into my regular clothes again!

I've read there are also exercises for a preggy woman... this will satisfy your need. But above all, I suggest that you enjoy being what you are now. You see, emotions greatly affects the baby inside you. :)

I am going to talk to my Doctor about starting back with an exercise plan now (very light areobic).

Not just to moderate my gain, because I am feeling myself so out of shape (heart muscle wise) and think labor will be a hard one if I just sit on my butt.

Also, if you look back in my posts (photo section) you can see how heavy I was and how much work it took to be not obese or overweight...

As long as you eat and exercise responsibly in pregnancy then you are healthy and doing well. Everyone gains weight differently, it is very rarely a bad thing, whether you gain lots or not at all.

No matter how much you have gained so far in pregnancy you don't know how much you will want to lose after the birth. Some women practically spring back to their pre-pregnancy figure with very little time or effort. For others it takes a lot of hard work.

It's silly to be thinking now that you will need to lose weight after, you might not need or want to lose any once the baby, placenta and amniotic fluid are no longer weighing you down!

Hun once youve had the baby you'll be so tired or busy that dieting will be the last thing on your mind lol

As long as you eat and exercise responsibly in pregnancy then you are healthy and doing well. Everyone gains weight differently, it is very rarely a bad thing, whether you gain lots or not at all.

No matter how much you have gained so far in pregnancy you don't know how much you will want to lose after the birth. Some women practically spring back to their pre-pregnancy figure with very little time or effort. For others it takes a lot of hard work.

It's silly to be thinking now that you will need to lose weight after, you might not need or want to lose any once the baby, placenta and amniotic fluid are no longer weighing you down!

I've always been a little chubby.. And I've wanted to be losing weight for a while, so it's been something that I actually was starting an exercising regime and diet the day before I got my :bfp:... so it was put on hold.

I've always been a little chubby.. And I've wanted to be losing weight for a while, so it's been something that I actually was starting an exercising regime and diet the day before I got my :bfp:... so it was put on hold.

I do know what you mean. I lost nearly two stone in the first half of last year and would have liked to lose more before becoming pregnant. All I meant was that this pregnancy experience isn't like gaining weight any other time. You won't really know just how much you have or haven't gained until after bubs is born. So it's best to put dieting thoughts out of mind for now, relax and enjoy being pregnant :hug:

Know what you mean totally - I'm hoping that breastfeeding will shift some weight though especially if I try and eat healthily and stay away from all the lovely rubbish I keep eating at the moment!!!

:hugs: x

eta. will also be carrying LO everywhere so that's got to burn some calories!!

I've been eating junk food and pigging out on chocolate over Xmas and I've started to think what the hell am I gonna do once LO is here and I've got to lose all this extra weight??

I've been pretty lucky, never really had to diet before (although never stick thin, I've never felt "fat")... so I'm worrying about whether I've actually got it in me to diet and exercise and get to a weight after birth that I'm actually comfortable with... it's foreign terrority and I've never been able to stick to an exercise regime (previous attempts have been to try and get healthy and tone up.. not lose weight).

I WANT TO BE ON A DIET TOO :hissy:

I know it sounds awful, I don't want her to come early REALLY but at the same time I can't wait to lose this weight!

I'm starting a diet though. Not like a calorie restricting diet or anything, I guess just a "commitment to healthier food choices" until she arrives.

I was doing pretty well with adjusting mentally to the weight gain until I surpassed my "biggest weight ever" mark- since then it's been very frustrating and I am gaining something like 3 lbs a week sometimes. It's also starting to show up in my face and it's quite depressing. So yes, while I don't want this guy to be born pre-term, I am excited to get started on losing the baby weight.

I can't wait to get in shape!! I never have been in great of shape, so I'm looking forward to it!! I'm not big, just not 'tight'. I'm due in June, so I'm planning on doing a LOT of walking around. I hope breastfeeding helps take off the pounds too!!

oh i dont care lol

im not sayin im piggin out on junk food, im eating quite healthily but not really any different to before. my exercise regime is walking to the shops with my little girl, constantly tidyin the house and runnin around the playgroup.

i wasnt skinny before, size 12/14 and if i can get back into my old stuff after about 6 months of giving birth then ill be happy.

i think i lost a bit of weight due to morning sickness anyway, but honestly after you have your baby you find that there are days you are just to busy to eat! i used to have to remind myself to eat.

I fell like a little bloater at the moment! Feel horrible about my appearance but will sort it out when bubs comes! Hopefully half of it at least will go after labour :rofl: try not to worry about it :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->