Am I wrong - please don't read and run

h32kmr

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!,

I'm canadian and I'm hoping you can help me and put me on the right track.

Me and my partner have different views on getting stuff for the baby, he thinks everything should be new, but because babies grow so fast and things are so expensive, I'd like to get the majority of second-hand, does anyone agree with me? what are your views?

My husband and I do both. If y'all could meet in the middle on doing both it'd make stuff alot easier.

My husband and I do both. To my shame our future baby has enough clothes for up to 18 months all neutral :blush: Some are new some are used. Try to buy large lots of clothing or items that way if you don't like it or its not unable you don't feel bad getting rid of it. Last week I got 2 box's of toys and 2 large bag's of clothes. What I didn't keep I offered to friends or drop off at Value Village. Most of the time I can get about 10 cute outfits in a large bag that only cost me $20.00 :happydance:

thanks ladies! what would you insist on buying new?

Thinks I'm buying new are;
-baby bouncers/walkers/Jumperoo
-car seat
- stroller
- mattress
- breast pump
I'm buy these new for health and safety reasons.

Any soft toys you buy second hand should be washed before use or just buy new.

we acatually ended up with pretty much everything new for DD. it wasnt planned this way, but with a baby shower and gifts from family and friends, we got nearly everything we needed and it was all new. i have some second hand clothes though, because they do go through them very fast. plus, lots of times you can find secondhand things that still have the tags on them because they never got around to using all they had!

as far as things that i never would consider going second hand, i would say a lot of the same things as _Mouse_. a matress i think should be new. also a breast pump for sure. i wouldnt do any sort of bottles or feeding things secondhand either. but you can get some nice strollers and car seats second hand that are hardly used, but i would be careful to inspect them thoroughly.a lot of her toys we recycled from my stepson, and i think if we didnt already have those we would have gone second hand on them. we also got an old rocker that was pretty beat up and we refinished it ourselves and are going to do the same with a new high chair for her. there are definitely lots of ways to cut costs! :)

I think do both, things like a crib I want to buy new but books and toys you can find some great second hand prices. It all depends on what you want

My husband wants second hand stuff while I prefer new, but I have been doing half and half on the clothing part. I buy my 2nd hand clothes off of ebay though, plus they have a bigger selection than stores. As for crib etc we buy new stuff. I dont like the idea of using an old crib or swing. But we are using the same stuff my 2 other daughters had. I am only buying a new co-sleeper bassinet. I dont think there is a right or wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->