• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I wrong

lovingmommy12

Reaction score
Am I wrong for not wanting my ex to see our child when he/she is born?

We were together for a little and he started talking about having another child. To me if it happened it happened, but I wasn't necessarily trying for one with him. Well long story short, right when I found out I was pregnant I found out that he was messing around on me with a lot of other females and there was another girl that's 6 months pregnant. The icing on the cake was when I told him that I was pregnant he acted all excited, but the very next day left the state and didn't tell me. I had to find out from his cousins.

We were together for a little and he started talking about having another child. To me if it happened it happened, but I wasn't necessarily trying for one with him. Well long story short, right when I found out I was pregnant I found out that he was messing around on me with a lot of other females and there was another girl that's 6 months pregnant. The icing on the cake was when I told him that I was pregnant he acted all excited, but the very next day left the state and didn't tell me. I had to find out from his cousins.

I wouldn't say you're wrong, but that decision is entirely up to you. I've been cheated on, and it's not fun at all :( I'm sorry you're going through this. Sometimes enough is ENOUGH, and you'll know when you're ready to sever all ties. Having babies with another person does make it hard, but not impossible! Remember your worth :) Good luck to you and your growing family!

Also, as this is my OH's 2nd child by another girl (he has a 6 month old son with a girl who's impossible to get along with! Using their son as a bartering chip, keeping his son away from him, etc.) when I first told him I was pregnant, he didn't take the news as well as I wished he would've. I told him from the start he didn't have to be there for me, that he wasn't obligated to stay because I'd gotten pregnant. That I'd do this with or without him!!

That's a very tough situation! Only you can make that decision though x

Personally, growing up in a split.home, I wouldnt keep.the baby from its father just because he was an ass to me. BUT he has to prove himself first. If hes there for you throughout the pregnancy, then id let him, however if hes just ducked out and wont call/text yadda yadda, then hell.no! Ultimately the choice is yours though! Massive :hugs:

So far he just left, hasnt tried contacting and he doesnt respond to any of my messages or calls, so I'vr kind of just given up.

That's a tough one. I'd say definitely leave the door open for him in case he turns it around after baby is born. However if he's one of these on/off dads then tell him he is either in or he is out. He can't pick and choose.
I hope he comes around for your sake. Good luck and congratulations. :)

honestly its his child too no matter how bad he is with you....if he choses to walk away from his child that is his choice not your but if he wants to be apart even small in his childs life....you kind of need to let him....
if he is a dick....you child will figure it out on there own without your help..
kids are smart cookies...but hopefully he wont show that side.....one can hope....

but you need to let him do what he will do...he will either be there or he wont.....but isnt it better for him to be there then not?

even if it upsets you.....its not a relationship with you...its your kids and his relationship.....if he going to be a jerk let your kid be mad at him not at you for keeping him away.....get it?

i know its hard...i been cheated on too.....but it really is the best way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->