Amanda's Weight Loss Journal

mandaa1220

Reaction score
October 3, 2009

Since moving on campus, I feel like I have done nothing but constantly eat. Not only have I been constantly eating, but I have been eating terribly, unhealthy food. I have decided right now, that it is time for me to stop. If I don’t stop now, I will certainly regret it in the future. I want to look as good as I used to and I don’t want to be embarrassed to wear certain clothing. It’s not right that I’m ashamed.

I know that I don’t have THAT much weight to lose, but I feel like I do. I need to weigh myself tomorrow at my house, but I know that the goal weight is going to be approximately 20 pounds to lose. I'd like if I could feel a little better about my Halloween costume. I don’t want to feel or look fat.

I don’t expect immediate changes overnight. I’ve lost weight before, but it’s so hard to keep it off! Once you’re comfortable with yourself again, you start eating delicious foods again. I’m going to start going to the gym again as much as I can (around school & work) and stop eating the greasy food in the dining hall every time… they do have things like cereal, soups, sandwiches… I just need to remember to grab them instead of the French fries and ice cream!

What I want to eat tomorrow..

Breakfast
  • Cereal
  • Fruit
Snacks
  • 100 Calorie Snack Pack
Lunch
  • Sandwich
  • Veggies
Dinner
  • Soup @ home!

Okay, so this morning I woke up around 1030... couldn't sleep AT ALL last night. When I got up I went down to the dining hall, I had forgot that weekends they only have "brunch," so I just ate one meal for breakfast and lunch..

Oh by the way, I'm going to try to follow weight watchers, I've still got the books from when I did it before.

So what I ate this morning -

Cereal (Cheerios) w/ Skim Milk -3 points
Grapes (about 6) - 0 points
1 Piece of Toast with Butter - 4 points
Cranberry Grapefruit Juice - 0 points

'Brunch"- 7 Points

Ate a rice krispie treat and 100 caloriepack of pretzels throughout the day...then had soup for dinner! :thumbup:

I've therefore eaten 12 more points I believe and am done for the day

Total points today 19 - I'm only allowed 20 so I done good! :happydance:

So I woke up this morning and had breakfast after class... I gave in just a little and had half a bagel, but that's pretty good since usually I would eat the entire thing!

1/2 Large Bagel & Margerine - 5 points :thumbup:

Lunch :
1/2 salami sandwhich - 5 points
Chips - 4 points
Chicken Noodle Soup - 3 points
Rice Krispie Bar - 2 points
100 calorie pack - 2 points

16 points... looks like i'm done for hte day gr.

so we went away for a couple days and i came back and decided it was finally time weigh myself...
turns out i'm right - 'm the heaviest i've ever been in my life and i feel disgusting. i need to lose weight, but when i get into it too quickly i fail after a few days... which is why i'm trying to start out slowly this time around. :dohh:

I'm feeling rediculously inspired today. I've just watched the Biggest Loser with my mom and one of the girls, Abby, brought me to tears... She has lost her entire family (husband, daughter, and baby boy) in a car accident and is now becoming so posotive. Why is it so hard to lose weight? Why do I NEED those french fries and ice cream every time I eat? I am by no means huge, but I want to be healthy and feel better about myself. I'm slowly getting bigger and its holding me back.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing my weigh in. It's hard for me to do this, since I live on campus, but I'll try to be home to do it as I can. I know I'm going to be a little above 150, as I've really let myself go recently.

My first goal is to get to 140 and I'd like to get there by my birthday, December 20th. I know I can, I just have to work for it.

My second goal will be 132, as this is where I got the last time that I lost weight and I was so proud of myself.

My final goal (for the moment) is to get down to 125 and once I'm there I'll decide where I want to go and if I'd like to lose more. I want to be comfortable with myself again and I need to work to do that, no matter what it takes.

I am DETERMINED to do it this time. Watch me.

Mini goal #1 - 2 pounds by November 6th.

Good Luck, you seem to be doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->