Amazing development video!

what an amazing video! It's so neat to see the babies moving and kicking and using there fingers when they are soo tiny! It's just incredible!!

I think the 4D scan is just that - a video of a scan. Some of the other ones where it is more like a montage of still images of fetuses and babies to show the progression of development, are photographs taken from bodies donated to science.

Ahh, I see!

Oooooo ok thats what i thought

I think the 4D scan is just that - a video of a scan. Some of the other ones where it is more like a montage of still images of fetuses and babies to show the progression of development, are photographs taken from bodies donated to science.

Ahh, I see!

Ahh, I see!

Hmm, I always wondered how they managed to get those still images from inside the womb.

aww that 1 is so nice. :cry:

I've never been able to watch them type of videos since i found out what it actually involves.

Ooooo, I don't know if I want to know what it involves....

....actually, yes I do. It's not bad is it? I hope the babies weren't harmed.

You've left us on a cliff hanger girlie...we're curious now!

Sorry sorry! Everytime i opened this thread it'd crash my internet explorer.
Tbh u prob don't wanna kno. That video thats posted i'm guessing though is made up from 4d scans and is lovely. I found out about the videos from a previous post a few months back. I'll just pop off and see if it's still in my subscriptions then i'll link it, that way no one reads anything they don't want to. Brb...

Ahh, I see!

Hmm, I always wondered how they managed to get those still images from inside the womb.

Ahhh sorry i'd not read far enough....yes thats a nice way to put it, i was tryin to think!

heres the link for the other i was on about anyway
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/38189-beautiful-video-made-me-want-cry.html

I watched it again with my mum and she loved it too! It's so amazing how much they can do so early on! I can't believe there's a proper little person just chillin in there! I'd love to be able to see what they see (or don't see) and hear what they hear! it's a shame our own memories don't go that far back!

Wow thanks for sharing that was interesting

Ahh, I see!

Ahhh sorry i'd not read far enough....yes thats a nice way to put it, i was tryin to think!

heres the link for the other i was on about anyway
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/38189-beautiful-video-made-me-want-cry.html

Freaky when you know what it involves.

Yea i kno. I can't watch them in the same way - can only begin to imagine what the poor women r going through :cry:

I've just watched the video and knowing how the images were acquired did make me a bit tearful.

I've just watched the video and knowing how the images were acquired did make me a bit tearful.

I find them upsetting too, but one way to feel a bit more Ok about it is to think that most of the time bodies that are donated to science are done so with as the expressed wish of the person they belonged to, and that they can enable others to learn and understand so much more about how things work and develop. It is upsetting, but not something you want to be dwelling on while pregnant. Just watch the 4D scan ones and feel happy.
x

This video was lovely, makes me wish I'd had a 4d scan now. Thanks for posting.
xx

Ah I get you now lilbump! I never knew that is how some videos are made. Glad this one is 4D otherwise it'd upset me! x

Yea i kno. I can't watch them in the same way - can only begin to imagine what the poor women r going through :cry:

Whoops, that's my fault! Didn't mean to make people sad about the vids! I think I was feelign pretty emotional that day! lol But yeah this one is a 4d scan so that's ok (though it does seem to be made by a US pro-life group which might be questionable for some).

It's true though that foetuses have to be legally donated now (well in most places anyway). They might be through abortion or miscarriage and the majority should be used for study about foetal development and in the latter case, causes of miscarriage. It's hard to find out about pregnancy stuff in general because of the questionable ethics of experimenting during pregnancy - no-one wants to run tests on their baby!

Most of the internal ones (that aren't 4D) tend to be computer generated now I think. If the foetus looks red and veiny then it must be CG as fixed feotuses turn white.

Wow what a brilliant video! They are so perfect right from the very start... amazing to see the embryo at just 8 weeks, scratching his/her eyes - it really is a little person in there! :cloud9: I wonder if the baby at the end is the same baby? He looks the same... lol

Beautiful video :cloud9: Made me all broody :blush:

awe 25 weeks twins were so sweet. I did not know a 4d u/s "scan" was so detailed, I guess I never had a chance to see a decent video on it.

I think the videos are taken from pro-life Mother's who want to help those thinking of aborting know more about the baby inside them :) That is perhaps why they chose to donate personal images.

The really nice photos of fetus that are online, I think a small camera takes them now. However, who knows how the earlier ones were taken, doubt a camera was small enough for some photos I saw in older books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->