Amby Natures Nest Hammock / Motion Bed

Jacey

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of using one of these as opposed to a cot or crib?

www.amby.co.uk for more info & pics
Thanks x

I'm intrigued about this too. I think it looks and sounds beautiful, BUT.....would be worried that it would be a hard transition when moving LO over to the cot??
Also, OH and I were discussing gliding/swinging/swaying cribs etc. and he made a valid point, that once bubba is used to being rocked constantly, they'll find it difficult to settle without?? Hmmmmm......Food for thought....!!

I'm really curious about the Amby too and was wondering about the fact that baby wouldn't be lying flat as the hammock is slightly curved and the experts do say that it's best for baby to lay flat. I think it looks fab for baby's first bed. I'd be tempted to buy it instead of a cot and a bassinet for the first few months to begin with. I've read reviews which say it's wonderful.

I've just brought this as my LO would refuse to settle in his crib and we had to co-sleep for 8 weeks, he's used it for nearly a week now and its amazing! Looks gorgeous, really easy to take down and put up - so ideal if you travel alot. But the best bit for me is that he actually sleeps in it on his own and last nigh (for the first time ever) he only woke once for a feed, wheras we normally do 3!!!
He looks soo comfy in it and I cant reccomend it highly enough.

That's great ladyjayne. I think it'll definitely be my choice if and when the time comes.

It says from birth to 12 months, what about when baby becomes more mobile, isn't it possible that he/she could wake and fall out?

I am considering getting one rather than a cot but really need to clarify the above first to ensure it is 100% safe!

From what I've read, and from playing around with ours, I'd say it'd be quite difficult for LO to sit up. l think babies need quite able of leverage to push themselves up? With the slightly curved base and the fact that it'll move as LO does, l don't think that sitting up would be easy, much less managing to move forward enough to full out. That's what I'm hoping anyway!. Can't wait for my little girl to get here so l can try it out!

Thank you Eala, that actually makes a lot of sense, I'm going to see if I can talk my OH into getting one!

Even if it does only last until 12 months Ikea do some lovely cots for around £70 so the total cost would be roughly the same as buying a normal cot from Mothercare or elsewhere so he can't complain about that!

I've used the Amby Nest for my DS from 2 weeks to 24 weeks. He loved it but when he got to around 5 months he prefered to sleep on his side which is more difficult in the hammock. He went from sleeping right through the night to waking up 2 or 3 times. I tried him in his cot and he went back to sleeping straight through but he now sleeps on his side or front which he couldn't do in the hammock.
I think they're great. Not sure they would really last up until 12 months old but we nearly got up to 6 with no problems and no issues with transferring to a cot.

Can you exchange the mattress in these if you were to buy second hand and if so where would you get a new one from?

I have been looking at clips on youtube of the Amby and they look really low down to the ground. For those of you using one or who have used one, can it be set to different heights?

Oh how I can't wait to have a baby. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->