AMH low / ex - smoker

filipenko32

2xDD & Expecting No.3
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help me out with a major guilt crisis. I smoked on and off from the ages of 20-31. I stopped at 31to ttc. I have since had two miscarriages in space of 6 months and I just found out that my AMH level is 16.68pmol on the London Laboratory Ltd scale so it's at the top end of the low fertility band. I don't want to support smoking and I bitterly regret doing it now but can anyone tell me that they have successfully had children and smoked? I feel as though I am not going to be able to have any children now and so guilty! :cry: Has anyone else had problems with this kind of AMH? I don't know what my FSH is yet.

Hi I am an ex-smoker and I smoked from the age of 17-22 when I found out I was pregnant I stopped straight away, I then started again for a mth when my baby was 6mths old and he is 9 yrs old now and ive not touched one since. I dont think you should feel guilty as there are lots of people out there who smoke and go on to have babies. I dont agree with smoking whilst pregnant though.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help me out with a major guilt crisis. I smoked on and off from the ages of 20-31. I stopped at 31to ttc. I have since had two miscarriages in space of 6 months and I just found out that my AMH level is 16.68pmol on the London Laboratory Ltd scale so it's at the top end of the low fertility band. I don't want to support smoking and I bitterly regret doing it now but can anyone tell me that they have successfully had children and smoked? I feel as though I am not going to be able to have any children now and so guilty! :cry: Has anyone else had problems with this kind of AMH? I don't know what my FSH is yet.

Hi---
I am an ex-smoker as well, from the age of 17 to 36. Just to let you know, there is no correlation between smoking and AMH levels. Yes smoking does affect your eggs due to the toxins, but that is not the caue of your low AMH. I have read several articles and studies online that support this. I am TTC now for the past 10 months, however I do have 1 daughter already. Good luck and best wishes! Don't feel guilty! :hugs:

Thanks Babydreamz and Apple Blossom - I am now pregnant again and very nervous! I seem to have obsessed about anything that could have caused the miscarriages! Good luck to you both x

I am so happoy to hear you are pregnant! I hope everthing is going well! Take care of yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->