aming Baby after Grandparents

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I'm going to start TTC next month. I have Levi Matthew Oliver picked out for a boy. But over the last week, I found out my grandpa is dying. We don't know how much time he has left, so now I'm considering changing the name. Levi Matthew will stay but if I change the name, it'll be Levi Matthew Manuel. Or Levi Matthew Oliver Manuel (Man-well)

There are a few thing here...I am in love with Levi Matthew Oliver, and don't want to change it. My other three kids have only two middle names so going with three might make him feel left out to have 3 names. I'm not a huge fan of Levi Matthew Manuel but want to honour my grandfather too.

What would you do?

I like Levi Matthew Oliver Manuel, I think the Oliver breaks up the two 'M' names, it flows nicely too! x

Having three middle names seems to be a little much, IMHO. But I'm not a fan the two M names next to each other... How about Levi Manuel Oliver?

That is, if you decide to change the name, Both of my grandparents on my mothers side passed away soon before I had Abby, I considered naming LO after them but in the end it just didn't go with what we named her so we didn't. I don't feel bad about it, its not like it changes how I feel about my grandparents.

Matthew is a must to follow the tradition of a firstborn son having his father's name as his middle name so my only options are either 3 names or drop Oliver which I'm not too keen on doing.

Matthew is a must to follow the tradition of a firstborn son having his father's name as his middle name so my only options are either 3 names or drop Oliver which I'm not too keen on doing.

Sorry to hear about your grandad.

I think 3 middle names are too much. I would either drop Oliver or not use Manuel. As happyanjel said it doesnt change the way you feel about your grandad.

I think 3 middle names is too much, if you don't like the name then don't use it! :)

I don't really like my grandparents first names so I'm considering their middle names. Do you like their middle names at all? Or a nickname of theirs?

I don't know their middle names and the names I used are their english names and not their Portuguese names. My youngest daughter was going to be Anberlin Olivia Blaire but she became Anberlin Maria Kate with Maria being after my grandmother

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->