Amnio 37 weeks

jtj1054

Pregnant 1st baby!
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with getting an amnio done at 37 weeks to check for lung maturity? I'll be having one on Wednesday to see if our little guy is ready. If he is good to go then I'll be induced that night at 10 pm! As a side note I've been high risk my whole pregnancy and my doctor thinks it's best to get baby out as close to term as possible since my epilepsy has been getting more difficult to control. Has anyone had any experience with this? How much did the amnio hurt? I'm getting so worried for it now even though I am so ready to meet baby! Anyone have any input on how often lungs aren't matured?! Baby has been measuring right on if not a few days ahead whole pregnancy!

Ive never heard of this! I thought if baby measuring 37 weeks then he is full term and there would be no problem taking him out! Has he been measuring small? 37 weeks seems pointless for an amino?

Ive never heard of this! I thought if baby measuring 37 weeks then he is full term and there would be no problem taking him out! Has he been measuring small? 37 weeks seems pointless for an amino?

I thought the same! Apparently a lot of insurance companies and hospitals have new policies requiring you to have the amnio to be certain baby is ready 100% before they'll induce, I believe it's because the induction rates in the US have gone up a lot recently! Baby has started to go down in the %tile charts over the past 8 weeks, was at 49th percentile, then 45th now who knows. I have to be seen 2 times a week by my OB and then I go to MFM too.

I had a friend that had to have this done. They wanted to induce early (37 wks) because of some health issues with her last pregnancy, that the current pregnancy seemed to be following suit. She said it was not a big deal, and based on the results they waited an additional week to induce her.

I had the CVS (similar to Amnio) at 11wks and I found the procedure uncomfortable and unpleasant but not painful. It may be different for you of course being further along.

Wishing you all the best of luck x

From what I've read of amnios they're not so bad and at this point I imagine the usual associated risks don't apply because baby is more or less cooked and ready to serve :)

I had the lung maturity test with my last daughter at 32 week, it wasnt an amnio though as my water had already broken so they got a sample of that. Her lungs came back as mature:thumbup: She did have 2 lots of steroids though.

I had the lung maturity test with my last daughter at 32 week, it wasnt an amnio though as my water had already broken so they got a sample of that. Her lungs came back as mature:thumbup: She did have 2 lots of steroids though.

Good to know! I've taken oral steroids since last week and finish my last does tomorrow so I'm really hoping that helps his lungs along and ensures that I don't have to undergo another amnio next week for testing :/

From what I've read of amnios they're not so bad and at this point I imagine the usual associated risks don't apply because baby is more or less cooked and ready to serve :)

Yes thankfully I'm not concerned with the usual risks since my doctor has told me that if worst comes about I'd just be moved up a few floors to deliver baby then! And they'll keep me in the hospital for a few hours afterwards to check on him and make sure he's good to go anyways. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->