Amusement Park Rides

FeistyMom

3 DDs, 1 DS & Preggers
Reaction score
Last week I booked a family vacation to Disneyland - I love Disney so much, and I really wanted to somehow make it there this year in honor of DS turning 5 (DD1 and DD2 both managed to visit Disneyland during same year they turned 5).

What a shock when a week later I get a positive pregnancy test! If my dates are anywhere near accurate, I'll be in the last week of first tri while we are there. I know a lot of rides have warnings about pregnancy, and I will be skipping the craziest ones, but any ideas which are actually dangerous and which are totally fine?

Trying to think what about 'Star Tours' has gotten the pregnancy advisory - it is a simulator! You aren't even actually moving forward, and I'll probably have more turbulence on the flight there, so I don't have a ton of faith in the warnings being anything other than a CYA and with pretty much zero studies done on this (I have looked for information and almost ALL the hits are simply forum posts with opinions, very little actual data). Likewise with Autopia - it is safer than driving my car, which I plan on doing the entire time I am pregnant.

These warnings really bother me - so many of them are based in zero evidence, that they start to make me a little numb, and then what if something really IS important to avoid? For as much as we've learned in medicine, we still know so very little :(

I personally wouldn't go on any rides at all hun I couldn't risk it. You aren't even meant to run much or bounce in a trampoline could cause placental abruption or something. Sorry if it's negative but my opinion x

I think most of the advisories are for women that are far along enough to have a bump that would interfere with the safety harnesses etc..
I'd have a word with your doctor & see what they say.

I'm honestly not sure but agree that certain rides would probably be OK. I went when I was about seven months pregnant. I don't really like rides but I went on the it's a small World teacup ride and climbed the Swiss family Robinson exhibit. I also went on the safari. We did a lot of princess things because I had a little girl. You might not be going to those LOL. As far as anyone saying you're not supposed to run or get too much activity… It is my opinion that is a ridiculous old wives tale. Most doctors and research will tell you exercise and running are not only fine but good for you. I know women who ran marathons in their ninth month of pregnancy and had healthy babies. I am definitely not one of those women LOL. I get pretty big and pretty tired but kudos to them. I Understand if others feel anxious and want to be extra cautious and that is fine for them ( my mom didn't want me to write a bike, go bowling, a bunch of things LOL ) but it's simply not true that running and such is unsafe for the baby. I definitely wouldn't go on anything too fast or that goes upside down ( might be fine but if unsure don't risk it) but I think the last poster who said it's more about the harness fitting you properly was probably correct.

I'm planning on going to Disney World when I'm in late second trimester. Will go on the Small World Ride (my dr said boat rides are fine so why not that boat?) and probably more of the kiddie rides like Peter Pan and Winnie the pooh since we will be taking my two year old. It will be a trip mostly for her so lots of character visits and shows, so I'm not even that bummed about missing out on crazy rides as we wouldn't have been able to do those anyways. Personally I would skip star tours, but that's just me. Check with your Dr for peace of mind. 😀

I probably wouldn't go on any roller coaster or simulator rides. They say you shouldn't jump on a trampoline whIle pregnant. I would say the mellow gentle rides are probably ok. Although I'm no expert.

I'd. Check with your Dr to be sure. I was in first tri at Disney world 2 years ago and she said I could go on some things. As far as what the person above said about not jumping or running my Dr completely disagreed. Assuming you are having a typical healthy pregnancy you don't have to worry about running or bouncing. I ran a lot through my 3rds pregnancy and everything was great.

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and had normal pregnencies and smoth fast deliveries my Dr every time advice me not to lift havey things ..not to run (if I'm not use to of running if you run before pregnency you can bare running during pregnancy )..and not to run while on stairs ......you can go on rides which your 5 year old can ride except small roller coaster in my opinion......

We're going to Disney too but not til November so I'll be late second tri. Hubby has been googling and the majority of the banned rides seem to be because of the bar not fitting over bump. I'd just go with what Disney say is safe. At least small world is safe! We have to pretend we're on it every day at home! Ds is so excited!

I was at the end of my 1st trimester and not knowing I was pregnant (long story) went to a water park on allll the rides, even the most terrifying ones. As I'm typing this, my happy and healthy 4 m.o. is napping next to me.

I also think it's a matter of bump safety on the rides, but check with your doctor to make sure. I would imagine you'd feel a bit uncomfortable with the safety harness pressing on your belly anyway. But you've got plenty of simulators and other things that you can probably go on without worry :)

I went to Disney land paris at 8 weeks pregnant. I didnt go on any rides at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->