Amusement Parks??

WhaatToExpect

Reaction score
I asked my doctor if it was ok with me going to Six Flags and she said it depends on how the rides are and if you have always been used to the speed and hights (that type of adrenaline) ...She said I was ok with the waterparks since they are way more smooth then roller coasters and stuff. Plus I can stay in the Lazy river and the waves (last time I was practically the whole time there lol) Well I been reading stuff on the internet and everyone has a different opinion...I know wooden rides are a BIG NO because they're extremely bumpy...and well raging bull..although it is smooth, it has protection on my lower abdomen area, and I wouldn't want that area to be holding too much pressure. It sounds like it's better to not go on anything lmao wth...Soooooo what do you guys think?

Also!!!! When will I be able to hear my baby's heartbeat! or see the little raspberry! :sad2: My doctor told me it was too early still to hear it and said that for next appointment we'll be able to :( but I seen girls who are 8 weeks who already got their first ultrasound! :growlmad:

At the amusement parks they have signs at the begining of the ride and it will say whether pregnant women can ride or not.

As for hearing the heartbeat, I got a doppler and found baby around 8weeks, almost 9. Gl hun!

I was told by my OB when I was about 8.5 weeks to not ride any roller coasters or water slides with big drops as bouncing around to much might not be a good idea. Well I didn't end up going on anything as I wasn't really feeling all that well anyway. However, I would be to paranoid.

We went to Universal studios last year with a 4 month pregnant friend. They had signs in front of every ride and almost every single one said no pregnant riders. I am guessing this is more due to legal liability issues and if you aren't showing you can get away with riding on them. However, the risk is there hun. Most rides, even the action 4D ones have sudden jolts. You never know! I say just do the water rides but skip on any of the mechanical rides.. it sucks I know

I just went to Six Flags and every single ride said no pregnant women. Even the scenic train that just goes around the track at 10 mph! I asked my midwife about it before I went, and she said no jerking, no quick starting and stopping, and she advised against spinning rides because she said they're often really unpleasant for pregnant women. I ended up just doing the scenic train, the carousel, and the lazy river, and played arcade games and threw darts at balloons while everyone went on the rides. It was fun, but it wouldn't have been worth it if I didn't have a season pass that got me free admission.

Some of the little rides are probably perfectly fine, but I just couldn't work up the nerve to do them. I can't imagine how I'd have felt if anything had gone wrong. Even if it was totally unrelated, it would have always been at the back of my mind, you know? It wasn't worth it to me. I tend to get really freaked out on rollercoasters, though, so my adrenaline on anything bigger than the spinning teacups would have been through the roof. It took my heart an hour to get back to normal after Superman last year :blush: Most people probably wouldn't have such an extreme reaction, which wouldn't make it so risky...

I went to six flags @ 7w. Even the little toddler rides said not safe for pregnant women. I rode a few toddler rides with my little boy anyway.

But yeah, we ended up leaving early (my toddler and I) since he was done and so was I. The heat and smells were tooooooo much. I was already pretty sick by then, so reasonably, he and I only stayed about 2 hrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->