An eBay one!

lau86

Reaction score
I sold an item cash on collection. Hubby was there when they picked it up and transaction went fine, she checked it over and left. Gets home and says item isn't in good condition, there is something broke and can't be used. I forgot it was broke but don't feel that makes it unusable. I offer a full refund but she isnt happy and asks to resolve another way?! I think she is angling for petrol money or something?ive just said no I'm happy to give you the refund but that's it. Would eBay give her travel expenses out of my pocket?! What should I do

No, ebay would not refund more than paid. She came and checked it and paid cash so she should be grateful for the refund as ebay cant enforce refunds in cash on collections.
What was it and what was broken?

Offer her a refund and an apology, is there anyway to fix the item??

I did offer a refund. She wants a partial refund but doesn't want to bring the pram back. Part of the brake is broken off but it still functions perfectly. I think she wants to sell it on for a profit

Was it an expensive purchase for her? If she paid £100 and wants £10 back then that may be reasonable but if she wants £50 then thats a bit much. What kind of numbers is she talking? Are you over bothered about receiving a negative?

It was £100, I've offered her £10 or we can meet half way. I feel I've been more than fair, she had a chance to check it over and didn't do it properly

That's more than fair. She bought a used item and should have checked it over more carefully.

I agree. She collected it from you and had the opportunity to inspect it before handing over the money and she didn't.
I've received damaged goods, new, from businesses and I am offered a choice of a replacement, a refund and return or a 10% refund and to keep the damaged item.
I'd stick to your guns with the £10 refund or offer her a full refund if she returns the item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->