An interesting Photo (Belfast bomb alert)

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
So anyone that doesnt have me on fb wont know that my sis and I are in the middle of the Belfast bomb alert that has been all over the news.
It started on Tuesday afternoon and is still ongoing. My sis Mandy81 has been unable to go home so has been staying with our mum and my street has been cordoned off since Tuesday :(

This pic was taking about 1 hour ago from the bottom of my stree (excuse the quality it has been zoomed and cropped to within an inch of its life)

if you look to the right of the photo were a guy is bending over a bag, the black car behind him is the car one of the devices was in, thats the one the controlled explosions were carried out on. Now if you look to the left at the 3 jeeps in the background, that is directly outside Amandas house, look between the jeeps, seems to be something on the ground being hid from view by the jeeps !!!

It is all really scary and tbh really annoying, we all thought these days were well and truly over :growlmad: I never thought my boys would ever have to witness anything like this :cry:

https://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/Beanbo_2009/012-5.jpg

if you enlarge it, you can really see it

i wonder what it is

i'm sorry you and mandy are in the middle
must be horrible :nope:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Poor you's! I hope it's all over quickly and safely! I hope you don't think I'm being ignorant but where are the bombs from? Is it religious conflict? xx

The bomb has been planted by the Oglaigh na hEireann, I am sure you can guess they are Irish and Catholic and they are fighting for a free Ireland. A bit hard to explain if you dont know the background, but basically with Northern Ireland being part of the UK we are classed as British not Irish, these groups fight for our freedom as Irish people.

Aw right, yeah I understand a bit. It's sad how people's lives can be at risk so randomly.

I hope everything returns to normal soon xx

Fighting for freedom by killing inocents and those that uphold the law? Fucking ****s have no idea the pain they cause or how far back in time they throwing northern Ireland? This is not progress and will not lead to anything but suffering. And further from peace. The law will clamp down harder and normal every day people will have less and less freedom . They will ruin the economy because who wants to come to a place that have bombs everwhere

is so sad :( i remember it from years back, shame it seems to be flaring back up again :(

It's disgusting, but I don't think it will ever stop, there will always be people out there willing to fight for/against a free Ireland. I for one don't give a shit about either side or what either of them are fighting for, I just want my kids to grow up happy and not have to see armed police/soldiers every day of there lives, like I had to growing up :(

:(it's terrible, i'm so sorry you're in the middle of it all. I hope it's over soon :hugs: xx

Where abouts in Belfast is this Sabrina? My dad's side of the family live in East Belfast, is it anywhere near there? Sorry you guys are having to go through all of this, must be pretty scary :(

Sabby I'm on be opposite side of the road and down a bit. It's a frickin joke. You guys have been affected so much more than us. :hugs:

The joke is if there was a 'united ireland' our economy would in an even worse state than it is now. Shows the brains these shitehawks have...

Sabby I'm on be opposite side of the road and down a bit. It's a frickin joke. You guys have been affected so much more than us. :hugs:

The joke is if there was a 'united ireland' our economy would in an even worse state than it is now. Shows the brains these shitehawks have...

Im sorry your both stuck in the middle with it. I just wish they would leave well enough alone. Where I live in Northern Ireland they are always planting bombs on one of the bridges too. They are bloody idiots!

:hugs: so sorry that you're going through this. I have friends that had to flee their homes during the bad times and never thought that this would all come back again :nope: I grew up living on the border and remember going for a picnic in a field once and an army vehicle drove in!

Hope things have settled more and Amanda gets home tomorrow. I really don't believe things will change its so sad.

its a fucking disgrace I don't want my kids growing up alongside bomb threats, paramilitaries and religious hatred in this day and age

Cant see any pics, but i hope both you and your families stay safe, and its dealt with asap. Why is it taking so long, been going for days?

Take care xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->