An update....

Jimmy roaster

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Since i've last posted it's been a rocky old ride. Got both the boys back for Christmas which was lovely however personally i would have preferred my little one who has had a lot of troubles to have stayed in for a week longer.

The reason being we were back up to the hospital last week as he wasn't feeding at all. Loads of reflux to the point he wouldn't feed at all.
Once he had been checked over it was suggested that he had caught Bronculitus due to the time of the year etc.
As he was de-sating and not feeding he was kept in for a week, put on oxygen and tube fed when he got tired. Last Friday the consultants were concerned about his recovery so after ANOTHER X-ray it was suggested there is a problem with the left lung.

Lobar Emphysema has been diagnosed and an operation is needed to remove one of the "lobes" on the left lung. Obviously this is quite a serious operation and we are both really nervous about the operation which is tomorrow afternoon.
Hopefully the rest of the Lung will compensate for for the removed Lobe and although he won't be a deep sea diver this shouldn't effect him long term.

I never thought this ride would be so rocky, even after this operation i just feel so low on confidence now that i just wait for the next hurdle.
Already the audiology department wants to do more tests on a "congested" ear and i dread whats gonna go wrong next.

Is it to much to ask just to have 2 baby boys at home healthy?

I am so sorry you are going through this! It is hard to have premature babies but when they are home, you think all should be well and the hospital should be in the past. Unfortunately things do happen. Sometimes things go unnoticed and untreated and it be too late. I am glad that they found why he was still sick and it is getting taken care of. I will be thinking of him tomorrow. Hugs to all of you!!!

Awwww you all have had such a hard time. I am sure the op will go very smoothly and he will fly afterwards, I will be thinking of your little one tomorrow too x

Hiya so sorry to hear your rocky road but our special bubs are soooooo strong. Its such a scary prospect someone so small having an op, believe me I know, Ellas about to have her 8th and hopefully last. Youll be amazed how fast your lo will bounce back, the recovery is amazing also the work the surgeons do is absolutely unbelievable. Your bubs will be in safe hands.

Will be thinking of you, sending lots of healing hugs xxx

Thanks to you all, means a lot. Having this going on brings back all the doubt and worry from the NICU again.
Hopefully all will go well today and we can concentrate on the future.

I just pray they both grow fit and healthy after all they've been through x

People just don't know how lucky they are who have healthy children. Hope everything is going well.

Is it to much to ask just to have 2 baby boys at home healthy?
You wouldn't think so, would you?

But apparently sometimes it is!

The first few weeks they are home can be really tough. Rounds of appointments and tests for things, which are done routinely when they are in, but come as a surprise when we are home. The thing to bear in mind is they are looking to catch things early so they can be dealt with properly.

The best piece of advice I had from the consultant who told us Abby might have longer term issues was, take her home and enjoy her.

You have two beautiful boys who will enrich your lives no matter what that life holds for them. You will be stonger for it. Certainly myself and my husband have discovered things about ourselves both together and apart, we may never have known, were it not for what has happened. We know now we can face whatever life throws at us.

Big hugs to you and your family. We're all here if you need us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->