? anaemia

babydustfairy

Mam to son Expecting DD
Reaction score
Hello ladies I;m now 10 weeks pregnant! Had my bloods done for the first time this week and I have had a letter from the surgery requesting that i go for another blood test to check my serum ferritin levels. Does this mean that I may be anaemic? Is this a big problm? Does it put my baby at a higher risk of miscarriage? any advice would be much appreciated! xxxxxx

Anaemia is not fun, tiredness, breathlessness, fainting spells, but as far as I am aware (been anaemic three times now!) not threatening to your baby :) not sure if this is what you need tested for but simple remedy if it is, you will get iron tablets :)

thanks for replying hun i thought i was feeling particularly crappy lol! Hopefully the supplements will pick me up a bit but apparently they're no fun either causing upset tummies! Never mind as long as little one is ok xxxxx

And the dreaded black poo lol - good luck though it usually sorts itself out by delivery (in my experience)

Ive been anaemic loads of times. You will prob get ferrous sulphate tablets. As Nicky said, prepare for black poo!! Its not harmful so dont worry. x

I had the exact same letter as you after my initial blood tests. I went and had my blood taken again last week and the mw told me it was fine, it just means I dont have much storage for iron in my blood cells, and because the baby takes some of your iron it can leave you feeling tired, dizzy etc. Got my scan on Wednesday so apparently i'll find out then if i need iron supplements

extremely common. i get anemic with all my pregnancies. just take an iron supplement is all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->